Best place to mount transducer on transom of 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panga

Reaction score
I am going to put the new garmin 740s on my 2520 and could use some help with finding the best place to mount the transducer so I will get a good reading when at speeds higher than trolling. I have a lowance transducer on a different boat and it loses the bottom immediately when I pop on plane.
The transducer will be the garmin p66 made by airmar 600w. The boat has a offshore bracket and twin 150s.

thanks very much

Panga

I am not saying this is correct or the right way to do it. Every twin engine outboard boat that I have seen had the transducer mounted on the bottom center of the hull. I have seen new boats at shows, used boats at boat dealers, and at the launch ramp. Hope this helps.

Dont waste your time. Transom mount ducers usually suck. Alot of times when getting on plane they get folded up and then arent shooting at the proper angle so you lose bottom alot of time. Not to mention with twin motors you will have to put it far enough outside the motors so that you dont get turbulence from the transducer to the motors and cause it to cavitate or anything. Then youll have the issue of your trim tabs being out that far. Go buy a shoot thru ducer or youll continue to have the issue.

Panga

Brad has first hand information since he had a 2530 with twins on a bracket. That being said the unit that Brad and I both have is a M260 Airmar in hull, shoot thru unit. There is no hole to drill, you can service it in the boat in the water, no bottom fouling issues, and there is no turbulence or cavitation, just a clear picture all the time. It is a 1KW - 50/200KHZ so you get it all in one.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Tranducer (Medium).JPG
    Tranducer (Medium).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 94
Back