Best Stick On Fish Tape Measure?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion on a high quality peel and stick measuring tape? Most I see advertised are cheap paper tape. Thanks

Therese a guy on the hull truth commercial vendor forum selling what look to be a decent ruler made of a metallic material for $10-12.

I picked one up free at a boat show from Seatow. It is a 48' vinyl stick on tape that has been on the boat for 5 years an still looks new. I looked online for you at the seatow store but they only offer 36" tapes now. I think a pack of 5 was like $6.00

Not sure if you want to know true length or just make sure fish are keepers. If the latter, wrap colored electrical tape around every rod at the length of keeper size. For me, in MA, I measure up 28" from the rod butt and wrap green tape around rod. Don't have to fumble for ruler, yard stick, etc. But then again if you want to know the length of the fish that doesn't help you much. I hauled in a 47" cow last weekend, first time anything over 43" and I had to use a yard stick and measure from the 36" point forward. If I didn't have the yard stick on the boat I would not have known length. I am not sure I will ever be in that situation again though.... :).

Back