Bilge hatch cracked

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake2320

Reaction score
Hello all,

I stepped on my bilge/battery hatch and heard that awful CRACK sound :(

Any ideas on repair or where to get a new cover? maybe a better one?

Please excuse the really "dirty" pic, but I wanted to get this taken care of ASAP

Thanks, Jake

Attachments

• bilge hatch.JPG
    bilge hatch.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 700
I have a used one in good shape I'll sell. $25 + shipping

Before

100_4319.jpg

After

100_4331.jpg

You can also order a Beckson 14x24 in off-white/beige ($75) if you want a rigid hatch that drops right in and is leak-proof. Won't flex or crack if you use a good sealant/adhesive to bed the frame and don't over tighten the frame screws when attaching to deck.

file.php

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Warthog5- Thanks for the offer but I'd like to buy a new part if I am replacing. Nice hatch upgrade btw.

Grouperjim- Where did you find that beckson hatch for 75 bucks? I did a little searching and they are all over 100.

Thanks, Jake

Jake... You don't say what boat you have, but my 2520 has 2 storage wells in the v-berth that use the same hatch has what is over my bilge opening.
(my hatch is like Bobbys)

If your boat is the same, swap the cracked hatch with one in the v-berth.
Those hatches don't get stepped on, and are not exposed to the weather.

I just replaced mine look under the lid for part number & phone # they are made in florida but I do not have the phone # at home.

$ 89.00 for a new one.

" Bean "

bean":12she36l said:
I just replaced mine look under the lid for part number & phone # they are made in florida but I do not have the phone # at home.

$ 89.00 for a new one.

" Bean "

May have gone up a few $ since 2006. I replaced mine right away. My bilge needs to be sealed and dry. Don't need any SW dripping on my batts.

The lip over to the deck Beckson style hatch matches pretty close the style of the newer "pie plate" lip over fore and aft gas tank inspection plates you see on 2008 and later 2320s..

Hey Jim - didn't know you hung out here, I haven't stopped in for a long while. Hope all is well, are you still hanging onto the mango tango? The woodytoo is safely installed at big pine key now, not sure I am going to bring it back to o'neils, we have been having way too much fun down here!.

Anyways - need a new bilge hatch cover for my 2520xl, and I sure like that beckson. They have them in ivory and white, anyone know if the ivory is closer to the classic Parker color?

Sure would be great to stop the leaking, put up with that for long enough!

Thanks, bo

Hey Bo,

Yeah, Beckson Ivory is closer to the now defunct Parker beige. The hatch on the 2320 might be a tad smaller than yours .......not sure.

My latest wounds are healing up nicely so unless somebody makes me an offer I can't refuse the MT is no longer
actively for sale. I may offer her up again next year when I go back in the see the doc. Maybe Santa will give me a FLIR for Xmas.

Glad BPK is treating you well. If by chance the MT goes hit me up for some numbers in this area. I'll hook you up.

I am really glad to hear you have a clean bill of health! Also glad the tango is off the market - you two are a famous pair around here, hate to see you separated!

Did not think about a different opening size on the 25 vs the 23. I was going to order the same hatch you identified.

Can anyone out there with a 25 Parker pull a quick measurement of the bilge hatch opening? I would love to get the part ordered and in before my next trip down south.

Thanks, bo

woodytoo":217yceyd said:
Can anyone out there with a 25 Parker pull a quick measurement of the bilge hatch opening? I would love to get the part ordered and in before my next trip down south.

Thanks, bo

Texted Larry (Otherline/2520). He'll take a measurement......get back to you shortly.

grouperjim":46rh0354 said:
woodytoo":46rh0354 said:

Thanks, bo

Texted Larry (Otherline/2520). He'll take a measurement......get back to you shortly.

Larry confirms 2520=2320=14x24 Beckson.

Awesome - thanks Jim and Larry awesome service! :)

Ordering away. good to know that Larry is still around, kind of like old homies week! Will share how thing end up.

Bo

Megabyte, is that stainless steel hatch water-tight? I could really use something like that on my 25 inboard. i have a fiberglas hatch behind the engine box but it has no rain gutter around the perimeter so I always have a wet bilge. I just put in a dripless shaft seal so I could actually have a dry bilge if I can tighten up the hatch somehow.

Where can i find that hatch?

That hatch is on Warthog's 2530.
I'm hoping to put one on my boat next year.
Send him a PM and I'm sure he will tell you where he got it.

the beckson hatches are only available in white now :( I called them today since I could not find any other color on line. They said they ran a beige and an ivory one and really did not get sales traction. I am going to go ahead and get the white one, hope it does not look too bad.

The price is hovering around 100.00 - 120.00 depending on the source.

Bo

Back