Bilge hatch cracked

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you find the 2520 hatch (14x24) online?

Mine is leaking as well, and all the water ends up in my forward bilge which does not evacuate the water very well. My goal is a dry bilge..

thanks

Rob

If you have a 2520, there are two storage areas under the v-berth cushions.
The hatches for those storage areas are the same size as the one in the stern over the bilge. (at least it is on my boat)

Swap one of the v-berth hatches for the one aft and it will even be the correct Parker color.
Then either put the cracked one in the v-berth, or replace it with a white one as you will rarely ever see it.

Delivered today a beckson ht1424W hatch (I love delivery day .. Kinda like Santa around here! ). Definitely blinding white ... Hatch compared to the access hatch from behind my helm station. I got it from fore and aft marine, Madeira beach, florida. No muss no fuss, good price, good delIvery.

I will tell you what though, good call Jim, very well built solid hatch. Watertight bilge here I come! Hope to install next week!

woodytoo":1immci69 said:
Delivered today a beckson ht1424W hatch (I love delivery day .. Kinda like Santa around here! ). Definitely blinding white ... Hatch compared to the access hatch from behind my helm station. I got it from fore and aft marine, Madeira beach, florida. No muss no fuss, good price, good delIvery.

I will tell you what though, good call Jim, very well built solid hatch. Watertight bilge here I come! Hope to install next week!

Snug it down, not too tight with plenty of sealant = no cracks

If it squeaks a little where the frame and lid mate, a little lubricant will stop it.

........sold my boat today. :(

Nice family from local area.

edit: I am emptying out my boat shed since I don't own a boat anymore........seems for some reason or another I have an extra beige lid if you want to try a lidectomy. I don't know if it can be done with breaking it. PM me if you want it.

Jim - say it isn't so! No more Mango Tango?! :( :(. What are you going to do now?

Well one thing for sure, you have plenty of folks to take you out fishing. I don't see you going through snapper withdrawls!

I am sure it was bittersweet to see her pull off. Hope you got a good fair price, she is a sweet ride.

Bo

Back