Binoculars ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
I have had three different pairs of Binoculars , they are all good, but not when the boat ius moving or rocking, can anyone suggest a few good choices I can check out that do not cost and arm and a leg, I know they will be more than the ones I have purchased, but I need a better pair, I have seen them for $250,$500 and up to $5,000, so does anyone have any recommendations ! I got a pair that was normally 300 or so, for about 140.00 and they are sooooooooo powerful, but on the water they suck :(
Thanks,
Craig

Standard for the Navy is (or was) 7x50 binoculars. Anything more powerful than 7 power is almost impossible to keep trained on a target from a moving deck. Anything smaller than 50mm objective lens is too small. I like Steiner Military Marine.

Thanks guys, I will check it all out when I get some time, I knew someone on here would know better than me :)

I have Steiner Marine and like them. Very clear. Wish I had gone stabilized though...the Ches. Bay can get choppy and trying to find the birds on a choppy day can get difficult.

Dave

aka

I have found a few different models from Canon,Fuji, and Nikon, they all have a pair that seems like they are about the same power, and all range from about $600.00 to $795.00, I use West Marine as a starting point, most of all the stuff they sell, big ticket items, lime Binocular, are way cheaper if you shop around, will probably get a pair, but I have to service both motors first, and that will cost some $$$$$, so if I have any money left over, I will get a pair and let you guys now how they work, but I am reall =y considering the Canon, they seem the easest to use and the best priced and are marine grade, so they say !

I got the Canon IS 12 X 36, they had the best reviews and alot of marine law enforcement guys say they are good, we looked at some today at West Marine, two days ago the ones I wanted were 6hundred and something, today on sale, $513.00 so I ordered a pair, will let you know if they are worth it, but I am sure they will be cool, to bad they do not have a camera on them, next moth is Pirate day out at the islands, gets wild, well once I have them in hand, will let you guys know how they work ! Thanks for all the reply's !
Craig

tara11":2neh8qn3 said:
too bad they do not have a camera on them, next moth is Pirate day out at the islands, gets wild, well once I have them in hand, will let you guys know how they work ! Thanks for all the reply's !
Craig

Uh....for God's sake, bring a camera and get as CLOSE as you can without getting slapped! :D

They came today, very cool, have not tried on the water yet, but they seem cool and even my wife can look through them without getting dizzy, once we get on the water, will let you guys know how they work, but I have a feeling probably good !

Back