block island fishing?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdevil

Reaction score
We are heading to block island fishing for the first time this weekend and would like to get some info on the area.
Does anyone here fish this area and if so could you point us in the right direction. Which side of the island should we be fishing ? east or west? what about the north rip? any info would be appreciated. We are coming from Narragansett bay and plan on fishing sat and sat night and anchoring up in new harbor for a break sat afternoon.

I will check into where it is , unless you are willing to be a little more forthcoming. east or west side?
not looking for anyone secret spot just a good place to start.
Thanks..

dont bother fishing, get straight to mahogoney shoals

then get to the kitten

then if the kitten dies, go see captain nick

fluke to the west of the great salt pond inlet.... get between 35 and 60ft on contour lines

bass off north light, snap wire or live-line some porgies (eels if you feel like paying for them and ht ebluefish arent too bad_

snowdevil":39u4iqdq said:
I will check into where it is , unless you are willing to be a little more forthcoming. east or west side?
not looking for anyone secret spot just a good place to start.
Thanks..

Like meggers said head straight to the shoal :lol:

Mahogany shoals is a bar located in new harbor on paynes dock. Highly recommended

Enjoy

I will be sure to put it on the list of things to do and see.. and will definitely end up there @ some point over the weekend. Hope to have some fish stories though...

it is that good....? must have some cold beer...
where do you tie the boat up when going there? should we get a town mooring or just anchor up on the east side of the channel and take the landing service over or are the docks for the bar? back to fishing any other advice on where to go?

Throw an anchor, you'll be fine. Or you can get a mooring, or you can splurge for a slip. You can call for a tender on the VHF.

If you go tie up, Payne's is cheapest at either $1 or $2 / foot depending on how they are feeling that day.

Are you looking to bass or fluke... check out what I said above.

Well never made it to the bar but we had a great time fishing and hanging out in new harbor. Seen alot of parkers out fishing there and thanks for the tips on where to go..
all made for a sucessful trip...
tons of big blues and a few good bass
DSCN2626.jpg

DSCN2650.jpg

DSCN2651.jpg

DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

Nice Stripes.........congratulations. Headed to Montauk in a couple of weeks ..Hope we find several there.

Heading back to Block island with my wife for the weekend, plan on getting on shore and checking out the island and bars this time. Hope to hook up with some big fish as well. good luck in montauk

Back