Boarding Platform with ladder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original owner of my boat (I'm the 2nd owner) fabricated a starboard swim platform and bracing that sits atop the factory motor bracket.
It works well enough, tho I wish I could replace everything with a bracket that includes a full width swim platform and integral swim ladder.

DSCN0016.JPG

Since replacing the bracket isn't happening any time soon, I installed a 3-rung folding/telescoping ladder back in '08 to allow my grandkids easier access to the boat when swimming.

DSCN0003.JPG

DSCN0008.JPG

You can see my project post (with more photos) here:
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=4554

M5":3cnkj9q5 said:
Do you think the factory option would fit knowing that there are trim tabs?

I believe that it would, as we have one on my departments 21SE rescue boat.
But... best way to find out is to call the factory at 252-728-5621 and ask. :)

danielb":1j48p8k1 said:
What do you mean by ladder intergrated into the platform?

I was referring to the Armstrong ladders that mount on the factory brackets.

Couldn't remember the Armstrong brand name when I made that post.
Old age I guess... :oops:

Might be really simple to factory order the handrail, ladder, small platform and stainless support bracket from the factory. Would look factory good when you ever sell the boat. Or not hard to fabricate.

I took the photo attached when I installed the wider trim tabs without moving the trim cylinders...........Pete

Attachments

• 100_0546 (Small).JPG
    100_0546 (Small).JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 566
Kevin the boarding platform w/ ladder that I had on my 2520 cut transom w/tabs was just like the one that is on the 1801. The bottom support stopped just above the tabs. I'm sure your Parker dealer could get the right one for it.
But I imagine it would be pricey. West Marine carries them and so does Defender for under $200. Boarding platform w/ladder. There are 2 different models.

Does the last 1 that is $76.00 collapse down?what are the measurement on that one? That looks like it is nice but can it mount on the platform that comes on parker? I am sure it will and sure someone on here has it!!HaHa!!How strong is it is the question?

On my last boat i bought a similar one it lasted only a few years so i replaced the platform which was 1" starboard with 1.5" starboard...

i can give you an address to buy scrap 1.5" starboard , it cuts easy and routes wonderfully this way you can make it as big as you can a scrap pc 18"x 24" will run u 20 plus shipping then you buy a ladder and rail for about 100 n change it might cost a few $ more but at least it wont be flimsy or small especially if you plan to dive or swim off boat..!!!

If you like i can fabricate the platform to your specs for free, u just pay for mat n shipping...

Back