boat cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back I used an RV cover to cover my other boat.
They are a lot cheaper than a boat cover.
They don't fit as well but for the price you can't beat them.
The picture shows how it came out. I would use some spring clamps to get it formed.
Much lighter than a sunbrella cover.

P

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 462
got to be careful with excess tarp hanging over, up here in the northeast we get wicked winds in the winter and if the cover is flapping it will scuff up the boat, i like my covers to fit nice and snug for that reason, just my .02

My canvas guys makes custom fit covers. Can't imagine all the extra time I have due to the boat staying clean with the cover on. Weighs 25# and cost me $800 in 2006.

Attachments

• J3072x2304-02824.jpg
    J3072x2304-02824.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 421
  • J3072x2304-02833.jpg
    J3072x2304-02833.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 421
That shelter is sweet. I gave up on the cover because of all the time it took putting it on and taking it off.
I built my own shelter out of material that I was able to get for free.
I loved being able to park it and be done.
Plus I could work on it in the rain. Also, the shelter could be used to hang materials etc.
The cover (any cover) collects a lot of dust and debris so when you take it off you get covered in dirt. I hated that and it made it difficult to load the boat for a trip.
I thought I had a picture but I can't find it.

P

There was a thread about this a while back. I put my pictures in that thread. Here is a link to the other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10437&p=75445#p75445

Jim,

That shelter,do you have it in Islamorada ??

Looks great,if in Islamorada,please tell me who made it for you ??

Robert

Back