Boat Deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennanah

Reaction score
So I had work done to my 2120. I have two little ones and had railings put in so there's protection from the engine well. Well, I guess the guys that did it didn't rinse out the shavings, and it rained. The shavings got wet, and rusted. Now, I can't get rid of the many little rust spots. They seem to have adhered to the floor! I tried borax and lemon, coca cola, starbrite deck cleaner, and soap and water. Help! :cry:

Davis FSR (Fiberglass Stain Remover) should do it. Take pictures and give them the bill for it.

da8001_L.jpg

... or, make THEM do it! Personally I'd be all over them ...

+1 on the FSR. It's removed some nasty waterline stains as well as a few rust spots for me. Gloves and eye protection recommended.

tennanah":22e3hhrs said:
Will it damage or fade non skid? Thanks for quick replies.

I've only ever used it on the outside of the hull...at the waterline and where the 'u' brackets are fastened to the stern (rust). It may have lightened the gel coat, (or it cleaned it so well it appeared lighter)...but only slightly, and after a polish it was un-noticable.

+1 on the FSR. Good stuff. If that doesn't work maybe Mary Kate's. ive only ever used it on the outside of the hull, and it's some nasty stuff but if nothin else takes it off may be worth a try. I would def go with the FSR first though

I want to thank everyone for their help. Actually used barkeeper's friend. $1.88 for a container. All I can say is omg! This stuff worked great!

Back