Bottom Paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeachDaze

Reaction score
Having financial problems this year. Painted the bottom last year - and generally do it every year. If I don't paint it this year, is that bad for the boat?

In my mind, that depends entirely on location and the amount of growth you get. Here in South Florida, where we are, you can probably stretch it some if you stay on it by way of cleaning throughout the year. If you still have a clean bottom and know sign of significant wear, your probably OK. Just my thoughts CR

Sorry to hear you being short on $$$, but how about at least getting a quart? I tell you on my 25-footer I bet I go thru maybe just over 1/3rd a gallon to do the boat with one coat.

Also go to the boat stores, sometimes dropped or dented cans are on sale ... you might be able to get a deal. Good luck!

Oh, I'd wash the existing bottom - if you can't paint it - and it might expose more fresh paint to help you out.

Don't know if it's bad, but I've gone years where the bottom paint seemed in pretty good shape and I didn't re-paint. Didn't notice anything different in the fall when it came out.

Back