Bottom paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike h

Reaction score
Ok slight confusion,I was looking through my Yamaha manual and it said not to use bottom paint with copper does anyone heed this or is it ignorable?any input would be welcome

Regular bottom paint does not react well with aluminum. There is however bottom paint that is designed for use on aluminum. In this case, the instructions are correct. Check with any marine supplier on this and they should have the paint that you need for the aluminum lower unit. Good luck.

I have a bracketed 2510 with twin 150's. I have used Micron CF (copper free) successfully, since copper based paint is not compatible with aluminum, either on the bracket or the lower unit.

Ok maybe I misread the manual I don't have a bracket and I don't want to paint the lower unit just the hull

I see what you are dealing with. All good. Just the idea is to keep a little distance between the aluminum on the motor or mount and the bottom paint as it usually had a copper component and that would cause the aluminum to corrode. You should be good.

Back