Bottom Painting Teasers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishAC

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever bottom painted teasers (squid, mullet, ect. sillouettes) on their boat. I few years ago I saw stencils on one of the big fishing sites for this application, but never heard of anyone doing it. I am bottom painting my 28 next weekend and figured since I mostly fish offshore, how could it hurt, right?

Any comments, knowledge would help greatly. I am going to make my own stencils b/c if memory serves me correct, the stencils were like 25 bucks...

I have never done it before, but it can't hurt. If you buy the whole bait ball and boat thing, why not.

I have been thinking about it and think you can skip the stencil. A bunch of white bottom paint and a 1" brush should do the rick.

since I posted this, i made the squid stencil and now all i have to do is laminate it at work on monday....

I figure if i am going to do it, I might as well make it look like squid. 2 inch roller, 1 roll, and i have a sillouette of a squid...

i did this last season. theres pics up under an old thread, search Pelagic Winter/Spring Projects Thread and they should be there. came out looking pretty cool, i cant attest to their sucess because we didnt fish much offshore last year. but i can tell you that youre going to want a THICK stencil, especially if youre using bottom paint. also better to paint each one individually than to bother with "schools" together. good luck :D

Back