bow mount trolling motor on 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justawelder

Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed a bow mount tolling motor on a 2120? I dont know if its possible because of the bow rail. It would be great with an I-pilot on it for trolling strait. Thanks to anyone who replies.

I have a 2000 21 SE with a 36V 101 LB thrust Minn-Kota trolling motor. My Parker does not have any bow rails. If you are interested, I will take a few pictures this weekend.

Craig

Craig, are you running a 62" shaft? Where are the 3 batteries located? I have a 70lb 24v Riptide with a 52" shaft and it appears that it would not make it below the surface enough to not cavitate. I have my 21SE wired and everything ready to install the trolling motor but just have not pulled the trigger. Can you post some pics of your setup, battery storage, and shaft fully deployed if possible, as well as comments on performance?

Not sure of the shaft length, the boat and the paperwork are in the Beaufort area. (Anyone that is in the Beaufort/South RIver area is welcome to stop by on the weekends to look at the setup) I will measure the trolling motor's shaft and take a few pictures to post them over the weekend or on Monday. The batteries are mounted in the console, I will take a picture of that also. One battery is on the starboard side of the console, up as far forward as possible. The other two batteries are on the stern side of the console. This setup leave about 9 inches on the stern side of the console (by the door) to get to the wiring. The on/off switch is located just inside and aft of the console door, the charger is in the front of the console. Sadly all my batteries need replacing, they are heavy, and reaching two of the batteries is going to be a pain.

One day when were were done fishing, I cranked the trolling motor to 10 and looked at the GPS, it was reading 4.0 MPH. We generally run the trolling motor at the 3 or 4 setting and it works great with the Parker. Our trolling motor is not centered, so it takes a little to get used to steering the boat, but works well enough for me.

Stay tuned for pictures over the weekend,
Craig

The prop has come out of the water, but it is rare. To my knowledge, and I will double check this weekend, there is a "stop" on the TM shaft to prevent the TM from going down to deep. From what I remember my TM is set so that the prop is in the water and could be 6 inches deeper by adjusting the stop.

The time I ran it on 10 I do not remember any issues with air being sucked into the prop.

This link should give you an idea of the placement of the TM. I will take better picture and post them. viewtopic.php?t=7878

I have a Motor Guide Great White 24 volt bow motor on my 21SE. It has a 60 inch shaft and is rated at 84# thrust. I use it for structure calico bass fishing in southern California.

The prop occasionally comes out of the water but overall I love this motor.

Back