Bow pulpit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the parker bow pulpit are attached? I am looking at one that has a damaged pulpit and wondering if they sell them separate and if anyone has ever bought one.

Thanks
Camron

The only holes I saw were for the two front cleats. Looks like it was attached with some sort of bonding agent as well

The pulpit is simply held on with bolts. Easy to remove and install

There is only silicon under the pulpit.

Thanks for the link I just picked the boat up yesterday morning. Looks to have some the through bolts that also hold the cleats as well as 2 lag boats in the back portion of the pulpit run up from the underside. as well as the sealant all over.

FWIW if you decide the existing pulpit needs to come off, the easiest way if the boat is on a trailer is to remove the previously mentioned hardware and then put slow and steady pressure from underneath which can be done by supporting pulpit and then gradually lower the tongue of the trailer. Use a jack if on the hard and not on trailer. It may take a day or two to release but it will eventually and will not damage the boat.

As far as re-caulking the new pulpit if the hull is the original Parker beige you can get a very close match at Grady White dealer.

If you have the skills, repairing the damaged pulpit might be the easiest option.

I removed one from a 2520 years ago, the sealant they used must have been 5200, because it did not come off easily, and damaged the topside. Ripped the gellcoat and fiberglass right off. Buddy of mine took his off prior, and said it was a piece of cake, hence why I tried it. I had to use jacks/come alongs before it finally ripped off. That was a 1999 Hull. It also had bolts or lags, don’t remember now. Good luck!!

Back