bunk vs roller trailer for 2120 sc?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clam Power

Reaction score
Time to get a trailer and Im a bit conflicted. I will have a slip (this year but future is uncertain) - I will mostly be launching at ramps on Long Island NY.

Ive never had a bunk trailer, my buddy has one for his flats boat and loves it, but Im not so sure about the deep V and bunks?

If I go with bunks its more likely to be an aluminum frame than if I go with rollers in which case would be galvanized (at least acording to the trailer guy Ive been talking to here on the Island).

Any advice is apreciated. Ive always had smaller boats with roller trailers. but was thinking that the 2120 sc might sit lower on the bunks for a better ride, and it would have more support for winter storage??

I am also conflicted
I have always had roller trailers
But I “HAD TO” call parker and ask what they recommended
And they said unequivocally “bunk trailer”
I told them I have a 2003 2120 SC
And always had rollers
They said they only recommend bunks for their boats
It will probably be a little harder to load and unload
However I do have a great deepwater ramp where I go
It boils down to how comfortably are you loading and unloading
And how great the accommodations are at your ramp
Balanced against better support for your hull with bunks
I think if you get a heavy enough trailer 5800lb or more for a 2120
It really is splitting hairs
That said I haven’t decided yet either
:roll:

Thanks Sully - its nice to get that feedback through you from Parker, my dealer did not feel strongly enough to make a recomendation like that- and when I purchased my work boat a 2003 21se from them they fit it with a roller trailer.

I apreciate your feedback. I also heard back from the guy selling the 2120 on this site ( I noticed he had a bunk trailer in the photo)

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 8906#58906

in short - he seems to like his. I guess its an issue for shallow ramps though....

Boy I cant wait until a few more weeks when my choice is fish or cut bait. That's always an easier one for me to choose.

Back