BUYING A PARKER 2520 /1999

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KISSMYBASS

Reaction score
HI TO ALL THE SKIPPERS , IM GETTING READY TO PURCHASE MY FIRST PARKER , BUT NOW IM NOT SURE , I NEED SOME FEED BACK FROM PARKERS OWNERS , I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED EGG HARBORS OR HYDRA SPORTS , THE BOAT IM LOOKING AT IS A 1999/ 2520 WITH DEEP V HULL POWERED BY SINGLE 250 YAMAHA , ANY ONE THAT HERES IM BUYING A PARKER TELLS ME THAT I SHOULD JUST BUY A CLOROX BOTTLE , BECAUSE PAKERS CANT TAKE THE SEAS AND JUST BOUNCE AROUND, I REALLY LIKE THIS BOAT , SO IM LOOKING TO YOU FELLOW SKIPPERS TO ADVISE ME THANK YOU

More uninformed opinion from people who have most likely never experienced what theyre talking about themselves. A Parker will handle the sea just fine, especially the deep vee youre buying. Parker got a bit of a bad rap with people who dont know how to properly trim a boat running mod vees too fast in heavy seas. combine those and yea, youre going to take a bit of a beating. but the deep vee boats are a great blend of good ride, great stability, and overall good fishing platform. experiment with your tabs and engine trim a bit and you'll be running with the pros. that said, assuming your Eggs and HSs were larger than the Parker, you may experience a bit of a rougher ride simply because its a smaller boat than youre used to. if its a huge concern, sea trial the boat before you buy and really put your mind at ease.

pelagic2530":1i69vlsk said:
More uninformed opinion from people who have most likely never experienced what theyre talking about themselves. A Parker will handle the sea just fine, especially the deep vee youre buying. Parker got a bit of a bad rap with people who dont know how to properly trim a boat running mod vees too fast in heavy seas. combine those and yea, youre going to take a bit of a beating. but the deep vee boats are a great blend of good ride, great stability, and overall good fishing platform. experiment with your tabs and engine trim a bit and you'll be running with the pros. that said, assuming your Eggs and HSs were larger than the Parker, you may experience a bit of a rougher ride simply because its a smaller boat than youre used to. if its a huge concern, sea trial the boat before you buy and really put your mind at ease.
THANKS FOR YOUR INFO NOW IM HAPPY LOL

I run a mod Vee and fish the Bay and the Ocean. I've been in 4 to 6 foot seas and if you operate it correctly, Not to fast and trim right you have no problem. It will be a bit harder ride than some because of the cabin placement further forward. I do a bit of drift fishing and I'll tell you its the best drift boat I have ever been on. But like advised take it out and try it I think you find it fine.
Cheers
Han

We have had a 2310MV, 2520SLMV and now 2520 XL w/16 degree. Did we have to slow down in a head sea you bet, but each boat was progressively better. Worst case scenario is you slow down a little shut the door and enjoy the dry ride inside the house. As mentioned already properly trimming the boat means alot.

You are getting a deep v model so I would expect that your ride is even better than the XL we have.

For all of those that are telling you to by a clorox bottle make sure you pass them by on a cold spring/fall day with door shut and let them know the heat is working great in the pilot house. Unless of course you are lucky enough to live down south.

Good luck with your purchase you will enjoy it!

I have a 2520DV with single 250hp Yamaha too.

Overall great boat. Plenty of power and good ride. Tabs and knowing when to slow down is important.

I have experienced the Parker ride comment first hand. It reminds me of a Jewerly store owner's comment as I looked at a rather large ring "It's gaudy when it's on someone elses finger"
I always ask what PARKER do they own when they make these comments. I am at 1000% so far, they don't own a PARKER.

Ditto all comments on trim, know how to trim the boat! every hull design trims differently. I have had total boating newbies run my boat trim her up correctly and totaly freak out how we can ride so smoooooth with 1 to 3 footers; head or following. This is in the fresh air model too :!:

I call the crew on my '96 2520MV, "The Geriatric Crew" Three of my regular crew are in their eightys. We are all members of the same fishing club and can fish on any of 30 boats. They must like my Parker, because they keep coming back. Evidently they like the ride on the R & R.
'nuf said!!!

I have a 2520XL, fished side by side w/ a friend of mine who owns a 28' Carolina classic offshore in Maine. Once we stopped and started jigging, within 45 minutes three out of the five on the Carolina were blowing chunks and they were headed in. There was maybe a 4'ft sea running and I noticed the Carolina laid side too the entire time. The Parker provided a full day of fishing for me!!

kg , thanks for the 411 , BLOWIN CHUNKS LOL , i first thought you were talking about chumming lol quess thats a form of it , i appreciate your come back regards johnny b

KG":w10a0t70 said:
I have a 2520XL, fished side by side w/ a friend of mine who owns a 28' Carolina classic offshore in Maine. Once we stopped and started jigging, within 45 minutes three out of the five on the Carolina were blowing chunks and they were headed in. There was maybe a 4'ft sea running and I noticed the Carolina laid side too the entire time. The Parker provided a full day of fishing for me!!

I can tell the same story. In Dec 2008 we were at the CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel) near Norfolk, VA. Wind was high and seas were tall. Took me a while to get to the fishing grounds, but once there, we had a great time and had a 100 fish day...mostly fish in the mid to upper 20's and lower 30's. The boats around me were all DVs and they were rocking and rolling so bad that in about 1 hour the crews were chumming the waters, departed in a hurry, and we were the only ones left on the fishing grounds.

Each boat has its pros and cons. Those DVs beat me to the fishing grounds, but had to depart a lot earlier. We ended up catching a lot more fish on what could have been a blown-out day.

Dave

aka

Back