Changing tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmcclellan

Reaction score
Well, got the Lenco blades off and filled the holes with epoxy. What a suck job it is getting to the actuator wires. Back at it tomorrow mounting the new 9 x 24 Bennetts.

The performance improvement will be WELL worth it :D !

Haven't had time to really run it but the two short trips I've made so far noticed the boat now responds to the tabs. Seems to have a "smaller" wake? Maybe getting the ass up and displacing less water? So far so good.

I made a very long run today under SCW conditions, and at one point I was down to 8.5 kts in very sloppy conditions, and still on plane with my 24x9 Bennetts.
Never been that slow before, but she kept right on trucking... Thank goodness for the protection of the pilothouse! :)

was out yesterday. it was supposed to be 2 to 3 footers and blowing around 10. ended up more like all fours with a couple sixes thrown in, blowing around 25+ and small craft advisory. Steep, tightly spaced waves with waves on top of waves. Came VERY close to taking a couple over the bow.
went out early and wasn't too bad. seems like once the sun came up the wind started whipping and the seas kicked up. Was at the SWC of Stellwagen. Loved being able to be at 3100 rpm about 14mph and still be on plane.
on a side note, while my brother was almost crying like a little girl because of the seas, I was amazed at how well the Parker ate it up. It was slow going but at no time did I feel in danger. Just a little wet and bummed it was a 35 mile ride back to Gloucester.

jcmcclellan":31ssj74g said:
Loved being able to be at 3100 rpm about 14mph and still be on plane.

That... my friend, is what bigger tabs are all about. :wink:
Staying on plane... not pounding... and getting home in one piece. 8)

Back