Colored Hulls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marktore

Reaction score
Today I was driving past White Water Maine in Long Island, NY and I saw two brand new powder blue hull Parkers. One CC and one PH model, JMHO they didn't look right!

MT

I think the cream color is perfect for many hull color options.

This is one of the prettiest cc boats i've seen:

Attachments

• New%20boat%202.jpg
    New%20boat%202.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,357
I love the looks of colored hulls, but my last boat was a Bright blue and god was it a pain in the A$$ to keep clean, when it was clean it looked great, but towards the end of the season you could see any little imperfections scratches scuffs etc....... Im looking forward to having a regular colored hull again. I would like to see some pics of the PH colored hull.

found this picture on white water's site, not a great pic to show the blue hull but kind of gives an idea. I think i like it. Then again I like the cream color too

Attachments

• blue parker.jpg
    blue parker.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,325
Me neither. Parker should be white.

You can look at Judge's website to see a number of different PH boats that have colored hulls.

Actually there is a user on here that has a dark green hull on his Parker PH. It looks SWEET. 8)

Regular Parker color for me too. Dark colors can look nice BUT the powder blue could be popular with NC Tarheel folks!! :lol:

I love the cream colored Parker. Solely for the reason it cuts glare. Color the hull anyway you like but leave the top side off white for me. In the bright summer days walking the dock the white boats blind the eyes, off white is easy on the eyes.

I had heard that colored hulls were going to be an option this year, but I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person yet.
Colored gel coat can be tough to maintain if you don't keep after it. The darker the color, the more easily they chalk up.

Now paint, on the other hand, is easier to maintain as it doesn't chalk like gel coat does.
The downside with paint? Nicks and dock rash require careful repair to blend the repair into the rest of the hull.

I have seen a Parker 2520 with a black hull and a white topside and it was beautiful sitting on her trailer.

Are they tinted gell coats or painted finishes like Awegrip or Alexseal? Dark colors and gell coats dont look nice for long. Tinted gell coats are ok for light colors though.

B-Faithful":2hquc8oi said:
Are they tinted gell coats or painted finishes like Awegrip or Alexseal? Dark colors and gell coats dont look nice for long. Tinted gell coats are ok for light colors though.

Not sure Greg.
All of the colors I've seen so far are pastels, so I'm guessing they are tinted gel coat.
Maybe Dave can ask the dealer when he gets the photos of that 2820.

well my dealer has no pic for me but they told me the color choices are ice blue-dark green-light yellow- not sure how accurrate the info is but thats what i was told .

dave

I sent my local dealer an email asking what Parker calls the optional colors.

You guys are killing me with the Colored Hull responses. Yes I am a Parker owner and I have a colored hull. There, I said it! And for what its worth, I'm partial to dark green with gold graphics and boot. But the Ice Blue and Light Yellow are very nice. My color was painted on. Although the paint is easy to clean and wax, every sinker that bangs the hull leaves a mark.

Attachments

• 01b.JPG
    01b.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 977
Back