Combination Cup/Rod Holders on new 2820

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed...I went by my dealer Thursday and can confirm that my new 2820 has the plastic rod/cup holders too. Just went to Mate series website and spent $300 for two oval 30 degrees stainless and back plates. :(

Hefting the new holders out of the box will make you smile.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't want a combo rod holder / cup holder.
I just want a quality stainless rod holder.

FWIW - all of mine are 30 degree, but they are clocked.
Straight aft for the rearmost. 45 degree for the middle, and 90 degree for the forward one.

Attachments

• DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCN0018.jpg
    DSCN0018.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCN0026.jpg
    DSCN0026.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 481
I agree, however the issue is that the combos are what Parker is now installing in the 2 aft positions. The resulting holes are much larger than a conventional rod holder so we're forced to find a suitable replacement or make expensive repairs to fill the holes and start over. I actually replaced mine today with the solid SS holders and backing plates. They are a perfect direct replacement and I reused the rubber gasgets as they were prefect. I only needed longer bolts to accommodate the extra thickness of the backing plates. The POS plastic holders literally feel like they weigh 5 ozs. while the heavy cast stainless replacements feel like they weigh 5 lbs each. I'm thinking about shipping the originals back to Parker, though I doubt it would get their attention. If I had it to do over again I would have ordered my boat with no factory holders and had the dealer install quality stuff, but who would have imagined cheap plastic would have been used.

Back