Confused 2005 2500 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am confused. Is a 2005 2500 Special Edition a modified or deep vee??? It comes with a bracket so i assumed it was a deep Vee. Please shed some light. Also, do you think 225 Four stroke is adequate to push it? Thanks in advance

A 225 4stroke was adequate for my 23 SE w/ hardtop. It pushed it into the mid 40's, at best.

I would absolutely stick a 250 or 300(if possible) on the back of the 25. With a bracket that boat should perform well with the extra power.

I wish i had a choice. The one i am eyeing is a 225 with a bracket. Thought it was a little underpowered but hoping i am wrong. Love the boat. The SE's are mod v's, correct?

Yeah Mod V.

Unless it's a great price I would stay away, based on power.

If you aren't worried about speed and getting on plane quickly, go for it.

FLAfishwhistle":2jusdlxm said:
I am confused. Is a 2005 2500 Special Edition a modified or deep vee??? It comes with a bracket so i assumed it was a deep Vee. Please shed some light. Also, do you think 225 Four stroke is adequate to push it?
When in doubt ... check the Mfg'rs specs, see picture added. That is a 16-degree hull. Being a mod-V hull any 225hp OB would push it along fine, as in any seas you'll be limited more by the ride and sea state and will NEVER get to use all of the ponies you have.

Sure, more HP is good when you can get it, but don't under-estimate a properly rigged (OB height and prop selection) motor to give you good all-around performance. Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't go for more than 225 ponies without moving to a deep-V hull. I'd rather have deadrise than horsepower, though one clearly needs the appropriated HP to move that deadrise.

Attachments

• Parker2500CC.png
    Parker2500CC.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 202
I think it's telling that Parker offers 250 as the minimum offered now. There were times with my 23 when fully loaded that I clearly needed extra juice.

pmeggers":113hxo5a said:
Yeah Mod V.

Unless it's a great price I would stay away, based on power.

If you aren't worried about speed and getting on plane quickly, go for it.

I am pretty sure its a great price but this will be used for offshore. It is a distance to to sea trial but most likely will be going to do it on Saturday. I was thinking it would be sluggish with the 225 but dont know. I know most people say if you plan on going offshore make sure you have the DV. All of the DV's seem just out of my price range but i can get this one in my price range. I have it narrowed down to a 2001 25 foot Seacraft with twin opti's 2 strokes with 390 original hours or the parker 25 SE 4 stroke with 650 hours. The seacraft opti's compression seemed a little off and having them tested again tomorrow hot on a sea trial. I am not turning this thread into a seacraft vs parker thread because i know both boats are awesome and will be very happy with either one. If i could have a Parker DV with twin 4 strokes I would be posting new pictures of it right now. :D

The 25 se can do offshore. I have taken the 23 as far as 90 miles out in the northeast canyons. You just have not care about your health/back pretty much.

pmeggers":2663oe7c said:
The 25 se can do offshore. I have taken the 23 as far as 90 miles out in the northeast canyons. You just have not care about your health/back pretty much.

Oh, No worries on breaking my back. I just sold my flats boat.

Back