Coping wth rough seas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave11

Reaction score
I don't get to this forum much any more, because I bought a another brand 23 ft boat for my wife's comfort and cruising. However Parker is still the 23 ft boat I would buy for myself.

The Mad Mariner had an article about rough seas recently. As I read it, I thought to myself, "That is why I like Parkers so well." Any boat is fun on a nice day. I want a boat that is going to get me home when the weather goes to crap. The Parker seams to me to me to be the epitome of what they described as a good boat in bad weather.

dave11":29nhbd50 said:
I don't get to this forum much any more, because I bought a another brand 23 ft boat for my wife's comfort and cruising. However Parker is still the 23 ft boat I would buy for myself.

The Mad Mariner had an article about rough seas recently. As I read it, I thought to myself, "That is why I like Parkers so well." Any boat is fun on a nice day. I want a boat that is going to get me home when the weather goes to crap. The Parker seams to me to me to be the epitome of what they described as a good boat in bad weather.

dunno my mod-v always gets me home but it beats the everliving snot out of me in the process. We stay dry and go slow, but we still get tarred and feathered.. One day when my money tree is ready to be chopped down i'll buy me a big DV 28 ...or for that price buy me a custom downeast =)

CaptJim

I have to agree with you on the Mod V
My friend has one a 2003 2520SC
And even he says my 2120 DV SC rides so much nicer in a chop
Kinda makes me fell better about my size envy ..LOL

CaptainJim":2s1yb93j said:
dave11":2s1yb93j said:

dunno my mod-v always gets me home but it beats the everliving snot out of me in the process. We stay dry and go slow, but we still get tarred and feathered.. One day when my money tree is ready to be chopped down i'll buy me a big DV 28 ...or for that price buy me a custom downeast =)

aint no substitute for ENTRY deadrise :wink:

Just when I think I would be happy with the economy of a mod-vee model I read one of these threads lol

if i had to do it over, i'd buy a 25 DV center console or sport cabin...i still have my eye on Capt. Larry's 28 with the yanmar in it.

dave11":635h36yb said:

If you've ever looked closely at a Chesapeake deadrise, you'd know that deadrise means absolutely nothing.

Length... and a very sharp entry, combined with an almost zero transom deadrise is the absolute smoothest boat in our waters, and I would guess in many areas.

Give me a 46 Markley with a single screw diesel, and I'd be in heaven. 8)

Megabyte":3ah0sbeu said:
If you've ever looked closely at a Chesapeake deadrise, you'd know that deadrise means absolutely nothing.

Length... and a very sharp entry, combined with an almost zero transom deadrise is the absolute smoothest boat in our waters, and I would guess in many areas.

Give me a 46 Markley with a single screw diesel, and I'd be in heaven. 8)

post edited for the pickier ones among us :lol: :wink:

Back