Couple of things I could use help with on new 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yupitsnuge

Reaction score
I'm loving this boat. It's taking me some time to figure out what I could use...I just have a few things I would love some help with.

The rear fishbox did not come with a piston and it slams down and when open lays back onto my outboard cover. I'd like to get that piston that was supposed to be installed. Is there somewhere I can check for part numbers, I called parker and they said contact my dealer and he's not getting back to me.

Seating - the passenger seat in the cabin sucks. Anyone have a suggestion for an upgrade or to swap it out for something more comfortable and useful? I don't think I want the fold down stern seat as it's a fishing boat and will just get hooked and dirty.

Tackle Storage - What are you guys using for tackle storage? Currently using 2 gal pails in the fish box.

Plastic Door Lock - Already popped out. It's garbage and I would like something a little more secure if I'm going to be leaving rods and reels on board. Preferably something metal.

more rod holders! :)

Congrats on the new 2320. I've had two 2520 Parker pilothouses that the doors were never locked even with fishing rods in. I figured if a thief wants to get in he will,lock or not, and do a lot more damage if he prys the door. I don't know the layout of the 23 so can't help with your other questions. If you or your crew is tall I suggest a piece of pipe insulation over the cabin door to prevent repetitive blunt force trauma when forgetting to duck. :lol: The small diameter foam with the slit fits right over the overhead molding and stays there while underway.

captnick":qmjpsjcy said:
Congrats on the new 2320. I've had two 2520 Parker pilothouses that the doors were never locked even with fishing rods in. I figured if a thief wants to get in he will,lock or not, and do a lot more damage if he prys the door. I don't know the layout of the 23 so can't help with your other questions. If you or your crew is tall I suggest a piece of pipe insulation over the cabin door to prevent repetitive blunt force trauma when forgetting to duck. :lol: The small diameter foam with the slit fits right over the overhead molding and stays there while underway.

Do they make anything to prevent stubbed toes too??!!!??!!!? Man on man if you remember to duck you stub your toe, if you remember to step high, you hit your head.

Steel toed boat shoes? I stumbled through the doorway of my pilot houses a couple times but didn't find it much of a problem. I've wacked my foot on the new 23 SE on the port side where the fuel line is housed protruding a few inches while wearing crocks. It's just a matter of getting used to a new boat I guess.

Regarding the lid on the transom fish box, you don't want a piston ram back there. They fail after a few years. Id suggest a folding spring like this ...... (cost under $10).

Attachments

• IB00096764.jpg
    IB00096764.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 255
I've tried a couple of different options for tackle storage and have been using this for quite a while now. It uses the Plano 7300 series organizers and holds seven of them plus pockets on the top and sides for pliers and other stuff. Fits nicely inside the cabin as well.

a146926e11916d4ea8fbe2570ddec238.jpg

1c76f9921a369d3a6ca0a14854fe2b9a.jpg

04095a3d40ab70d4ddcb98439c1f1176.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back