covering floors? ? ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAJSKI

Reaction score
I am going to cover my deck and cabin I was wondering if carpet or Dri Dek is the way to go. I would like opinions from people that has done either or both.

Carpet holds Sand.

We are planning a fake Teak & Holly and it has some cushioning also.

I use Dri-Deck in areas where I don't want water to collect, such as in my free-standing rear station.
I put Dri-Deck in there to keep my dock lines off the cockpit floor and to keep the lines dry.

I did use some thin indoor/outdoor carpet (found at Home Depot) to cover my pilothouse floor.
I got tired of slipping on that floor all the time when my feet were wet. :evil:

I used a refrigerator box and made a cardboard template in 2 parts.
Once I had everything fitting correctly, I transferred the template to the carpet material and cut it out.
The carpet is held in place with velcro so it can be removed and cleaned as needed.

Photos attached.

Attachments

• DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCN0017.jpg
    DSCN0017.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCN0020.jpg
    DSCN0020.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 351
Megabyte":hsa7sc1j said:
I use Dri-Deck in areas where I don't want water to collect, such as in my free-standing rear station.
I put Dri-Deck in there to keep my dock lines off the cockpit floor and to keep the lines dry.

I did use some thin indoor/outdoor carpet (found at Home Depot) to cover my pilothouse floor.
I got tired of slipping on that floor all the time when my feet were wet. :evil:

I used a refrigerator box and made a cardboard template in 2 parts.
Once I had everything fitting correctly, I transferred the template to the carpet material and cut it out.
The carpet is held in place with velcro so it can be removed and cleaned as needed.

Photos attached.

I anchor my 1801 a lot - usually four or five different locations every fishing trip. I don't keep the bow cushion on the boat. I use that area to store the anchor and rode between spots. I use Dri Dek to protect the gelcoat. I have found that dirt sand etc. accumulate under the Dri Dek. You can't wash it off without removing the Dri Dek.

I just use a simple rubber backed door mat like you would use in the garage coming into the house. Purchased at Lowe's. 4'x6' fits with cutting down one side. I cut on the helm side and around the notch for the birth. About $40 and it doesn't slide at all. At the dock it removes in a minute and I just hang it over the rail and hoses the sand out once in awhile when washing the boat. If the sun is out it dries in less than an hour. I do love the look/concept of that plasdec though but for now the door mat solves the problem for cheap.

Back