Cuddy cabin storage.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMarkCA

Reaction score
I have a 1996 2320. Inside the cabin under the side cushions there are two side storages. I believe it would be easy for something to slide forward out of reach under the bow section, that does NOT have a storage hatch. I'm wondering why Parker did not put a hatch under the bow section of the cuddy? If one decides to do this is there any problem structure wise to cutting into the front section and installing a hatch?

OK, I'm not with the boat, but here is what I am talking about. Under the cushions there are two hatches where the red is. Items placed in there appear as if the can slide up under the blue section. (I Think). Under the blue section it seems like there could be even more storage but no hatch was installed under that forward cushion by Parker. Do you think it would be a bad idea to install a hatch there?

cuddy_zpsm6pkesgf.jpg

My best guess would be that the forward area is filled with foam for flotation reasons or to keep water out in case of a forward collision below waterline.

I too would like to put a locker there.

Charlie

Back