Cupped the props on my 2530...Hang on!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

Reaction score
Took my saltwater series yamaha props to the dealer today and had them cup the tip. Much different performance than before and more top end too. 2008 w/ Twin 225 yamaha 4strokes

Cruise without cup 4000 Rpm 34mph
WOT 5600 RPM 50 Mph

after having them cupped.

cruise was a little slower at 3600 rpm but still at 32 mph and 2.1 mpg
WOT 5600 rpm and 54mph

I think it had to do with the fact that i could trim the engines up more on the boat without it porpoising. also was better in turns.

Very impressed with the results that have occured with my last boat and this current boat when cupping the props.

That is impressive. I have hit 40 knots by GPS which is about 46 or 47 mph with my 2530 but I only have twin 200's.

I hit 43 mph while sea trialing my 2530. :mrgreen:

We had a tick under a half load of fuel and three guys on board.

This was done in a protected inland bay with no wind and mostly glass water.

I *think* we were pulling 5300 - 5600 rpm. (CRS is setting in) I might have been able to squeeze a bit more out by messing with the trim.

I am running the Yamaha props that came with the twins.

As an aside . . . If I were to replace the stock props, which prop would work the best for a 2530 with twin Yamaha 150's?

Kevin G.

BradV":1xlu5lkd said:
Took my saltwater series yamaha props to the dealer today and had them cup the tip. Much different performance than before and more top end too. 2008 w/ Twin 225 yamaha 4strokes

Cruise without cup 4000 Rpm 34mph
WOT 5600 RPM 50 Mph

after having them cupped.

cruise was a little slower at 3600 rpm but still at 32 mph and 2.1 mpg
WOT 5600 rpm and 54mph

I think it had to do with the fact that i could trim the engines up more on the boat without it porpoising. also was better in turns.

Very impressed with the results that have occured with my last boat and this current boat when cupping the props.

Brad,

No doubt those are great numbers, but I would be a little concerned about being on the lower end of the engine rpm range for that engine. Optimally........loaded how you would typically use it, it is best for the long term reliability of your engines to be near 6000rpms....... trimmed up a little.

If you are trimming it up a lot to reach 5600, that is a little low in rpms in my opinion.

Just trying to help.....

Andy

that 5600 RPM is not really playing with trim or tabs. just running it a few seconds up at that speed. Plus i had 3 people and a little more than half a tank about 120 gallons. i was thinking that turning around 56 or 57 rpms would be the best range to run the engine in so you arent over the limit. i am supposed to be between 5 and 6.

Top RPM FOR YAM FS IS 6500 RPM, SO YOU ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PROPER RPM. Something seems wrong with these numbers. And 54 MPH - real hard to believe. Sorry.

bajadude":1rph3sbz said:
Top RPM FOR YAM FS IS 6500 RPM, SO YOU ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PROPER RPM. Something seems wrong with these numbers. And 54 MPH - real hard to believe. Sorry.

sorry bajadude, two other 2530 owners have commented here saying its more than possible. if i had another one of my engines hanging off the transom (which he essentially does) id be able to hit mid 50s too. checkmate.

go look up the 225 4 Storke its supposed to be from 5-6k. how fast would you expect it to go? its a 25 foot boat with 450 hp???

Back