curtains for SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yupitsnuge

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea for curtains for the Sport Cabin windows? I'm at a marina and would prefer to keep wandering eyes out but rather not tint as I like to be able to easily see out of the cabin at night.

This is on my to-do list as well. I stay on mine at docks some and I’m also considering putting it in a slip for 3/4 months in the summer and I want them to also keep the sun out to protect the interior while in the water. I’ve been thinking about how I would attach them with Tracs or snaps etc... and figured I would get them made by my canvas guy? I think I would want them so they would roll up like Bimini curtains would with straps and snaps so it would be easy to just raise and lower without having to stow them each time? Curious what other will have to say.

yupitsnuge":1thxbvjy said:
Does anyone have a good idea for curtains for the Sport Cabin windows? I'm at a marina and would prefer to keep wandering eyes out but rather not tint as I like to be able to easily see out of the cabin at night.
we use an auto sun shield on front window that does not fit all of the window and a couple of stick on removable tint films. Do you sew or wife ? Make some curtains and use adjustable length tension spring hanger or go all out and make curtains with snaps and add posts to around the windows

New privacy curtains and our classic parker
d5b944213d39621236e328de95c0e0ad.jpg
ef2c3e60c9ba74195ee4c2e7e906ae78.jpg

B2

Brent":3i4jazz9 said:
On our to do list. Currently we plan to use tension rods and left over sunbrella material. Our boat is on lift with canopy but need more sun protection in cabin. My wife can sew!

That's a pretty sweet setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I talked to Michael at Coastal Canvas in Beaufort today. He did my top and has done most or all or a lot of the Parker apolostry work. I hope to have Cat’s Cradle at his shop next Th and if so he is going to check it out. Over the phone he has suggested using the Velcro that will bond to the headliner and sewn to the curtains. He agreed with the roll up and strap/tie when stowed idea. I like the idea. After we meet I hope to get in line for his time and go ahead and have them made. I’ll post after I meet with him and of course any final product. He has told me he is scheduled out to July so finished product may be some time. I am back and forth with the color. My canvas over the deck is black and my first thought was to use black Sunbrella. I do want to block the light when sleeping but I’m concerned with the black being a heat magnet. Then I thought maybe I should go with a cream color to match the Parker off white gel coat? But with that, I’m concerned it won’t block out the light enough? No a big deal but just thinking about all of it. I am looking forward to getting this done. Finally heading to Beaufort tomorrow and will be putting mine in for the first time this season. Crossing my fingers she will come out of the Boat barn in as good of shape as she went in, lol.

By way, great set up Brent. I’m only a little Jealous.

Back