Custom Sport Trailer for my 21 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulate It

Reaction score
When I bought my boat it was in rough shape and the trailer (a galv EZ Loader) was even worse. Years of neglect led to about $900 in repairs and I got a season of use out of the trailer. Two months ago, on a dawn patrol fishing trip, one of the axels went and I was looking at $1600 in repairs (there were other issues including electrical problems) and the trailer is not worth more than a grand. So I made the decision to get a new trailer and priced several locally and around the country. I knew what I wanted in a trailer since I trailer up and down the east coast = aluminum I-beam, guide bunks, a way to get in and out of the boat while on the ramp since I fish alone often, disc brakes and as little metal to worry about rusting. I looked at Load Rite; Owens and Sons; Hi-Tech Marine and Loadmaster (all priced within $500 of each other) and the one I really wanted - Sport trail. I spoke to Kevin Desselle the owner and he could not have been nicer or more helpful. His pricing is competitive with the others, but wow what a product he turned out. He built one bad a$$ trailer for me. I am awaiting delivery and could not be more excited-here is what he turned out: http://s128.photobucket.com/user/sportt ... %2021%20SE

Boy, that is one nice trailer :D

Make sure to put some non-skid tape on those front ladder steps..... I almost wiped out solo-launching this year when my feet were a little wet - I was standing on the tongue and luckily grabbed the winch stand before going in the drink :eek: Not my finest moment....... I now have non-skid tape on that section.

OMG there's more BLING on that trailer than most boats!

Thanks Brad. Kevin added a pic to photobucket - the steps have nonskid in the aluminum.

LOL Dale. Yes I went a wee bit overboard, but the boat lives on a trailer, I travel 4 hours at a clip sometime, and he is still within the pricing I received from every other company. Everything I read and heard was that they are fantastic trailers and the customer service top notch and he did not disappoint. The ladders are purposeful since I fish alone a lot, and the rims - ummm well, ya know. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice trailer...It does have a different setup than I'm use to......No forward Keel bunks.

Now....Ya want to make it better?

Rewire it with seperate ground wires. Do NOT use the trailer frame as a ground like 99% of trailer manufactures do.

See where the dimples are in the middle of the crossmembers? They hold water......SALT water. I drill a 1/4in hole in the center of that dimple on the top.....Then drill a 1/4in hole at the lowest 2 points of the underside.

THEN when you squirt fresh water into the inside of the crossmembers it will drain. It can NOT drain the way it is.

Remove each lug nut and put Silver antiseze on each lug stud.

Attention to detail is the key.

Back