Davit for a 2520 XLSC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trioux

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2520 XLSC and am interested if anyone has or has seen a Parker with a davit on it. Last summer there was a Parker in the New England area that was listed for sale and included a davit, but I was not able to speak with the owner.

I am specifically interested in the fabrication and mounting of the davit.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

I own the 25 with the davit. I can't up-load pics to the site (files too big) but if you pm your email i will send them to you.
Cheers

I should have been more specific with my initial inquiry. I have the capacity to engineer and fabricate the davit, but do not have a good understanding of the construction within the Parker, specifically the stringer layout. Is any of that information available?

Having outfitted many vessels for cable laying and diving operations, my first thought is to prepare a fiberglass doubler for the deck, spread out any loads and prevent the need to penetrate the deck with fasteners. Since I will be installing it at the rear of the house, near the waste, I will also likely remove/modify the existing step and provide lateral support by running struts to the roof and waste.

My other area of concern is ensuring that it freely pivots; typically this is ensured with the use of UHMW bushings installed at the support locations.

Putting all of this together, I hVe tried to several basic principals, don't reinvent the wheel and work smarter not harder. As such I have been looking for a commercially available davit or at a minimum, commercially available UHMW bushings, but it appears that most are custom fabricated. Therefore any photos or information that you may be able to offer may stimulate my creativity (which at present is overwhelmed).

Also, I apologize for my delayed response. I opened an Engineering business last spring and am currently fulfilling all roles. The bright side is that when me, myself and I get together for a board meeting, we can generally reach an executive decision with no deliberation. The down side is that at a recent meeting one of the three of us made a motion to order a new Carolina Skiff that will be utilized for shallow water riverine operations inspecting pipeline(s); much like the annexation of Crimea by Russia, the vote was predictable. Unfortunately my wife is the other shareholder and I still need to explain this executive decision.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.

Tim Rioux
[email protected]

I've collected these when I was researching….still have implemented anything

Attachments

• 0256small.jpg
    0256small.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 0258small.jpg
    0258small.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 364
  • GinPole.jpg
    GinPole.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0227small.JPG
    IMG_0227small.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 364
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 363
Gentleman, thank you for all of your help. I was actually thinking of something similiar to the brushed aluminum davit in the photos. I'll post some pictures when I get done with it.

Tim

Ps: Those are some awesome looking fish, unfortunately my tuna usually comes in a 4 oz can.

Back