Deciding between new 2320 and 2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with your boat purchase.

A lot of the guys up here in Washington are running the 2320's with 300's for power. I'd suggest going big on power if you can make that happen.

And, when your doing internet research or talking to your fishing buds about Parkers. Make sure they're comparing apples to apples. Parker used to make a Mod V hull. Some of the forum chatter is referring to that hull design.

Bmoore":2xbqvsbd said:
Nice set-up AK !! Thanks for all the responses. Yes, the 2520 would be ideal and my wife prefers it, so that's a bonus [emoji106], but the 2320 is a heck of a boat and I'm real keen on the extra savings upfront and on engine maintenance that can be used for auto-pilot, electronics, bait tank etc.. Just to confuse things more I'm also seriously looking at the 2510. That's a nice boat too !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-K":35xevjjs said:
Good luck with your boat purchase.

A lot of the guys up here in Washington are running the 2320's with 300's for power. I'd suggest going big on power if you can make that happen.

And, when your doing internet research or talking to your fishing buds about Parkers. Make sure they're comparing apples to apples. Parker used to make a Mod V hull. Some of the forum chatter is referring to that hull design.

Bmoore":35xevjjs said:
Nice set-up AK !! Thanks for all the responses. Yes, the 2520 would be ideal and my wife prefers it, so that's a bonus [emoji106], but the 2320 is a heck of a boat and I'm real keen on the extra savings upfront and on engine maintenance that can be used for auto-pilot, electronics, bait tank etc.. Just to confuse things more I'm also seriously looking at the 2510. That's a nice boat too !

Thanks AK. I was thinking 300 as well. How many guys can you fit in the cabin ? 3 ?Man... That 2520 is a beast. I think for my needs and towing around San Diego the 2320 would be a whole lot easier. I'd just have to add a bench at the stern to make room for extra folks. I'm pretty stoked and ordering in Feb... Just before my tax return !

A-K":1ywd82ym said:
Parker used to make a Mod V hull. Some of the forum chatter is referring to that hull design.

Parker still does make a Mod-vee in the 2520.
The XL is a 16 degree mod-vee.
The XLD is a 21 degree deep-vee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]
Thanks AK. I was thinking 300 as well. How many guys can you fit in the cabin ? 3 ?Man... That 2520 is a beast. I think for my needs and towing around San Diego the 2320 would be a whole lot easier. I'd just have to add a bench at the stern to make room for extra folks. I'm pretty stoked and ordering in Feb... Just before my tax return !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

300 with the bench seat is how I would want it. You will be happy with that set up and glad you didn't skimp on the power. Good luck!

3 in the cabin in fine. 4 would is doable for a short trip. But to be honest the crew likes being on the bean bags.

I did have one trip where there was 5 in the cabin. My sea sick cousin and his wife in the bow, and 3 of us in the cabin. :lol:

shawnee83":3d0ek3t0 said:
[/quote]
Thanks AK. I was thinking 300 as well. How many guys can you fit in the cabin ? 3 ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

300 with the bench seat is how I would want it. You will be happy with that set up and glad you didn't skimp on the power. Good luck![/quote]

I have 2 deck chairs and 2 bean bags. It's a good combo and I like having both. The bean bags are great for putting wherever when hanging out and are great for the back deck when running offshore as they absorb the majority of the pounding. My wife will put them on the bow or even up on the cabin top for laying out when hanging out at the island etc.. She loves them. Best couple hundred $'s I've spent on seating. Good luck with your decision.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification.

Megabyte":163oursh said:
A-K":163oursh said:
Parker used to make a Mod V hull. Some of the forum chatter is referring to that hull design.

Parker still does make a Mod-vee in the 2520.
The XL is a 16 degree mod-vee.
The XLD is a 21 degree deep-vee.

I have a Tundra and tow my 2520XLD with a single 300 short distances all the time with no issues, just take your time. Also I wish I did have the twin 200's. This is a heavy boat and with full gear, gas, and crew it would use a little more power and torque. Theres a big difference between the 23 and 25, but I would definitely go with 2520, if you're running offshore or a decent distance I would also go with the deep vee.

I had the same problem, trying to decide on a 2320 or 2520. I live in the Ventura area of Ca and luckily keep my boat at my dock behind my home so trailering was not an issue. I have had many boats throughout my life, inboards, twin outboards, etc.
I bought a 2014 2320 pilot house with a Yamaha 250 and can honestly say that this is the best boat I have ever owned. The ride is unbelievable, takes swells great and handles fantastic in a following sea.
I fish around the Channel Islands and feel very safe and secure with the boat and yam 250
I didn't get the 300 hp because I have heard that you have to put premium fuel in it to get the full preformance. Since I fuel up at the fuel dock they do not have premium fuel. Believe me when I say that the 250hp has all the power you need to push the 2320.
I would definitely advise getting the fold up rear seat and make sure you order the Seasuspension seat.
I have a center bait tank and fish 4 people comfortably.

The boat is great but I feel that Parker's customer service is not that great. I have had a few minor issues and Parker either never returned my emails or sent me boat semantics that did not help.

Time to bitch:

Recently I had a fuel sending unit issue and I believed that the sending unit came under the Yamaha 3 year warrenty. My 3 years are up in February 2017. My dealer stated that Parker would not cover the repair. The sending unit cost around $50. I bought the boat through Exective Yatchs (Eric Hermann) in Channel Island Harbor. Eric placed a new sending in the tank and then told me that Parker would not cover it so he took care of it himself. That is what I call customer service.
My point is that when you buy make sure you buy through a reputable dealer.

Which ever way you go, you'll love the Parker

BrunoT

Brunot":twccaq61 said:
I had the same problem, trying to decide on a 2320 or 2520. I live in the Ventura area of Ca and luckily keep my boat at my dock behind my home so trailering was not an issue. I have had many boats throughout my life, inboards, twin outboards, etc.
I bought a 2014 2320 pilot house with a Yamaha 250 and can honestly say that this is the best boat I have ever owned. The ride is unbelievable, takes swells great and handles fantastic in a following sea.
I fish around the Channel Islands and feel very safe and secure with the boat and yam 250
I didn't get the 300 hp because I have heard that you have to put premium fuel in it to get the full preformance. Since I fuel up at the fuel dock they do not have premium fuel. Believe me when I say that the 250hp has all the power you need to push the 2320.
I would definitely advise getting the fold up rear seat and make sure you order the Seasuspension seat.
I have a center bait tank and fish 4 people comfortably.

The boat is great but I feel that Parker's customer service is not that great. I have had a few minor issues and Parker either never returned my emails or sent me boat semantics that did not help.

Time to bitch:

Recently I had a fuel sending unit issue and I believed that the sending unit came under the Yamaha 3 year warrenty. My 3 years are up in February 2017. My dealer stated that Parker would not cover the repair. The sending unit cost around $50. I bought the boat through Exective Yatchs (Eric Hermann) in Channel Island Harbor. Eric placed a new sending in the tank and then told me that Parker would not cover it so he took care of it himself. That is what I call customer service.
My point is that when you buy make sure you buy through a reputable dealer.

Which ever way you go, you'll love the Parker

BrunoT

Thanks Bruno. Really appreciate the feedback [emoji106]

Having run both the 2320 with single 300, and 2520 XLD with twin 200's on the same day, back to back, I can honestly say you've got a tough choice, with no bad outcome. Really just comes down to how much you're willing to pay, and what it's worth to you to go for something you'll love, to something you'll love a lot more. Trailering is a factor, although if you're not going long distances, or up big hills, maybe not so much. Lots of guys are running off shore with 2320's, and doing fine. That boat will work for you. The 2320 back deck is not much smaller than the 2520. However, that 9'6" beam, weight, deeper hull, and extra length make the 2520 an awesome machine. If you're thinking about going bigger in the next 5 years, you may just want to go 2520 now. The difference in fuel economy at cruise is not that much. Say, 2.5 mpg v. 2, 12.5 gph v 15, depending on power and load. There are a couple other things I like more about the 2520. While standing at the rear helm steering station, you can see through the window better, step down into the cabin is less on the 2520, and 2520 has a better head system. It's just more boat. I equate the Parkers to 2320=1/2 ton pick up, 2520=3/4 ton, 2820=1 ton. 2320 is nimble, fun, and gets the job done. 2520 is a bigger, badder beast. In my neck of the woods, I would be able to get you a ride in both. Maybe you could do the same? Good luck, and remember, either way you're going to be happy. Just beware of Twofootitis.

Back