Difference between 2120 a 2320?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 gal larger fuel tank, 850 lbs heavier, cargo space or optional fishwell on the rear gunnel, optional rear folding seat. Can hold bigger HP engines.

Big difference. Plenty of fishing room on the 2320. Fishing on a 2120 is a ballet of elbows, rods, rigs, and waves.

You will wish you hadn't done that.

Let me say that you "may" have a easier time getting to the fishing rod.

Now let me tell you the downside.

No place to lock your stuff up.

Inside always getting dirtier and a much more major project to clean all the time.

These are some reasons I sold my Mako.

I personally would not want the open back. one of the main reasons I chose Parker was because of the full pilot house. Nothing like closing the door and windows when its snotty out and pushing through.

Full PH versus open back really comes down to what meets your needs.

My first priority is fishability which includes drift/kite fishing and bumping the engine in and out of gear. A second station would have enabled me to do this with ease, however 30 minutes with a sawzall was way cheaper than adding a second station.

My next priority is securing my stuff. I literally take everything of value off the boat before I put it away. The VHF radio is the only thing that's not portable. With the back open, the front windows cracked to the #1 position, and the inside side cabin ovals open and the boat cover on, the interior stays well ventilated, dry and mold free.

If I'm boating and the wx is below 50 degrees or if the boat is in a slip and heavy rains are expected, I will put up the rear curtain which has a door.

Mote Marine Research Laboratory in Sarasota runs Parker open-back PH 23s. They work out well in a south FL environment.

It's a totally different feeling/sensation between riding in an open-back versus being closed in. You feel way more connected to what's going on in the cockpit.

I just purchased a 2320 open back that was listed here back in February and had the maiden voyage last weekend and I really liked having the open back, opens up the cabin space. Only downside would be you can't leave your electronics/ valuables in the PH but the probably would have taken them off the boat anyway.

For me its the best of both a PH and open back!!

Back