Different color cockpit nonskid??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akholmes

Reaction score
Anyone out there done their cockpit nonskid in any other color than parker white?

I think I'm interested in doing a light color grey rhino liner. but would like to see pictures of what the cockpit will look like in another color.

Thanks!

The newer Parkers have an off-white/gray deck to cut down glare. Check out their site. Good luck...

akholmes":2r6uqlec said:
Anyone out there done their cockpit nonskid in any other color than parker white?

I think I'm interested in doing a light color grey rhino liner. but would like to see pictures of what the cockpit will look like in another color.

Thanks!

Take a picture of your existing deck and "PhotoShop" it to another color.

Gray looks like a battleship and is Soooooooo industrial looking.

There are a Lot of colors that would look much better.

Cream
sky /pastel blue
Light Tan

this isn't the best picture but I did the deck and walking areas in "sand beige". I thought it look pretty good but I will be re-doing it with KIWI Grip this summer. I'll use the same beige color called "cream" kiwi grip.

Now I know many believe you should use gel coat and they are probably correct but the research i did gives very good reviews to Kiwi Grip and it is pretty easy to use. Anyway, this is a "color" post not a technique or "how to" post so :roll: ........... here's a couple pics although not the best quality will give you an idea

Attachments

• deck non skid 2.jpg
    deck non skid 2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 365
  • deck non skid.jpg
    deck non skid.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 365
  • deck non skid 3.jpg
    deck non skid 3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 364
I'd rather work with an epoxy paint like Awl-grip any day. A lot more color choices and it's tough as nails. easier to change / re-apply when you want to.

Before commencing on this project, Google "kiwi grip". I've done three of
My boats w it- really like it and the "white" can be tinted to any color you choose. Here's my skiff in grey

1dbf2c1e85bfdeaaa365a1c57c6f74c2.jpg

54cacbb48982007a9bcedac8e1511e18.jpg

And here's my Boston whaler in "Bristol beige"

dea070033efce3bf9220915af1f0d45d.jpg

027b26bf94ddf500a08bc4ee2b1a3129.jpg

i just did mine with kiwi grip very easy to use looks great i did use awl grip alot more work and time to do it

Thanks for the pics everyone! Like that sand color.

I'm gettin tired of fixing gel cracks in the cockpit from crew dropping sinkers etc!! Was thinking the rubbery linex would be great. Have seen people rave about it on THT.

Anyone recall any CP members that have tried linex or similar?

It's marine grade linex- and there only one business who is doing it perfectly... lineX marine Sarasota. It's not an easy DIY project spraying this- should be done through a distributer and only LineX Sarasota Florida.
My point is you can't use truck bedliner product... It won't hold up to marine environment.

Back