• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Disappointed in my ride

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not disappointed with my ride because I knew how bad they ride before I bought it.tabs may help but slow down or stay home when its rough.i have been caught in some bad weather in the bay and offshore and usually takes a day for my back to recover

Slow Down.

I have an older flatter 25' 1987 So'Wester hull and I run it with a single 150 Yamaha.
WOT i can make 30 knots on a flat flat sea with fresh paint on her.
Mostly I run between 18 and 22 knots. If need be I run at 14.
If I can't make 14 I turn around and drink beer at the dock. Its too messy to fish.

I have tabs on mine but generally only use them in a head sea.
If you have to punch too much nose down into the sea you are better off just slowing down.

In the end these boats just aren't big enough to cut real big waves.
Sometimes you just need more displacement.

Fish the pretty days & don't think about it too hard.

shawnee83":38bj9n5p said:
That Autoglide system is nice Sully. Did you install it yet and how about the tabs. What are you/did you do with the actuators on yours?

I have it but have not installed yet ....I have 7.5 feet of snow in My yard :(
I am replacing the 12x12 tabs with 12x18 with new actuators no/Switch and installing the Autoglide
I think it will be good for trolling when I'm alone too! No more boat stear when Im on one side by myself
I walk around the boat it levels itself! holeshot efficiency also and just people walking around I have a 26 year old
And when he brings his crew out with him especially the girls they walk around so much no matter what you say its like playing the piano with the trim tab switches So this should give me a much Beamer ride with the auto leveling

No doubt the tab switches keep you busy. I have the tabs and actuators on order too, along with a bunch of safety related stuff so I can finally get farther out this season for some bigger fish. I dont think the Auto is in the budget for this year but maybe next. Are you going to move your Actuators or offset mount? I just replaced my Actuators in the late fall of 13 when I bought the boat so I may sell a set with the old tabs? I'm sure you will post the project when you dig out and can get to it.

Auto glide is nice only when it's flat. Doesn't work that well in big swell and wind shop with swells. Trolling wise I put them down a lot of time to slow the boat down u can't do that either with a auto glide. I know cuz I took one off.

kidfreediver":v1wa3jg1 said:
Auto glide is nice only when it's flat. Doesn't work that well in big swell and wind shop with swells. Trolling wise I put them down a lot of time to slow the boat down u can't do that either with a auto glide. I know cuz I took one off.

I agree with big swells that's why you have the FAV1 and Fav2 buttons also the unit has a gyro in it that senses nose pitch
that will raise tabs up in following sea's they talk about both in video if you search Youtube under Autoglide you can watch Lenco videos they have a few As far as trolling you can set the tabs all the way down and save that as Fav1 or fav2

Back