Disappointed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpwoodle

Reaction score
Finally got around to looking in all the nooks and crannies in the boat. What I noticed was that there were no through bolts and locking nuts holding the hull and top together. Also there was a lot of space between screws(10" or more). What year did they start using bolts and nuts. My boat is a 2007.

I took a tour in July and noticed the technician using screws on a new build. I also noticed that from the beginning to end the boats are built like a tank.

My '92 is thru bolted every foot or less, but no worries, as that shoebox joint is glued together w/ a 3M 5200-type adhesive sealant.

2006 2320 = thru bolted and then a screw for the rub rail every so many inches.

I may be wrong but I think the 2310 has a completely different type of design for the hull to cap joint, I almost want to say it has a liner in the back instead a three piece set up. (?)

Did a more precise assessment of my hull to cap attachment method today.

(first pic) .........thru bolted every 12" and a rub rail screw every 6" with a continuous bead of adhesive (probably 5200) between the joint. Doesn't get any stronger than that. 8)

(second pic)..........exact same area after it has been hit by a 32' boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,183
  • Parker-Collision4small.JPG
    Parker-Collision4small.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,176
Grouperjim thanks for the pics. I looked everywhere and all I have is the screws and my screws are way further apart than that. Funny thing is it almost looks there are screw holes with no screws in them. If the boat holds up anywhere near as good as that second picture, I think I will be ok.

I have a 2001 2510 and mine is also bolted threw every 12 inches. Maybe some one was having a bad day. If you live in atlantic beach you are only a 20 minute ride from the parker plant.
If it's not write they would want to know about it. Parker is a great company that cares about there boats.

got bolts on my 2008, 23' CC, and the rub rail screws,
any pics of the area in question ?

Back