Display Flags

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I have a Parker 2520 XL and recently got a U.S. and Maryland flags to display i.e. I took two old fiberglass fishing rods to use as the staff of the flag. Question: Is there a proper side to mount the U.S. flag i.e. Starboard or Port side.

Thanks
Capt Bill

Ok, first off I read through this article (linked below) and realized that I even no less than I thought I did and after reading was more confused than before :shock: :oops:

So I have attached the link in hopes you are a head of me but...... I also called a friend of mine in charge of our area Coast Guard Auxiliary and asked him to spell it out for me in layman terms. By the way, he knows the layout of my boat. I said to him, "if you were on my boat and wanted to hang the US and state flag out on my parker and if I already had poles for the flags, is it ok to place them in the rocket launcher and if so, how should I place them?" He said, place the American flag in the center and holder and higher than the state flag. Place the state flag on a port side rod holder in the rocket launcher. I hope this helps and glad to see you flying the flag and trying to do it correctly. :D

Anyway, for the brighter individuals this link will explain things better than I just tried to.
http://www.usps.org/f_stuff/etiquett.html#updated-code

Kevin

Thanks Kevin for your research. That does cause a problem since I use the rocket launcher to hold my rods as I troll for rockfish. I got to think of a configuration that satisfies the requirement for displaying the flag. Got to think about this cause I do not want to disrespect the flag.

Capt. Bill

Back