Door lock upgrade? Window seals? Seagull deterent?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yupitsnuge

Reaction score
All the seals on the windows are shrinking, what do you guys use to keep them from shrinking?

the lock that came with my 2020 2320 is a plastic crapola. First few weeks and the tumbler fell right out. What is a good upgrade that swaps right in?

all season we were poopless until this past week and we got killed! I see a mix of flags and spinners in our harbor. What have you guys found that works best?

All the seals on the windows are shrinking, what do you guys use to keep them from shrinking?

the lock that came with my 2020 2320 is a plastic crapola. First few weeks and the tumbler fell right out. What is a good upgrade that swaps right in?

all season we were poopless until this past week and we got killed! I see a mix of flags and spinners in our harbor. What have you guys found that works best?
Are you referring to the main lock on the pilothouse door? Historically these have been Perko, and not plastic, but 'Perko-Plated pot-metal. (In essence, chrome-plated pot-metal). They cost around $120-150 . Since at least the 1970's Perko was known for developing the process they called 'Perko-Plating' as an inexpensive alternative to stainless steel. Historically it will pit, then eventually disintegrate when exposed to salt water (well, when exposed to ANY water!).... Might be why Parker has gone to Plastic? I have not seen the plastic ones you referred to. Can you post a photo of the lock, and/or the shrunken window seals?

The stock image is very similar to the setup that was in mine. The tumbler is completely out now though. The actual image is of my door but the inside it’s from a pic I had saved on my phone. 0E790FE3-8A1F-4226-B36A-C00AD5CFDBB7.jpeg704EF3D0-3903-489A-8D62-31CFF58AD4B3.jpeg

Are you referring to the main lock on the pilothouse door? Historically these have been Perko, and not plastic, but 'Perko-Plated pot-metal. (In essence, chrome-plated pot-metal). They cost around $120-150 . Since at least the 1970's Perko was known for developing the process they called 'Perko-Plating' as an inexpensive alternative to stainless steel. Historically it will pit, then eventually disintegrate when exposed to salt water (well, when exposed to ANY water!).... Might be why Parker has gone to Plastic? I have not seen the plastic ones you referred to. Can you post a photo of the lock, and/or the shrunken window seals?

Back