Downrigger Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriplePlay

Reaction score
Do any Parker owners use downriggers with a gimbal mount? Just picked up a cannon uni troll 10stx with a swivel base and was planning on just using it on a gimbal mount. I would add some starboard/aluminum backing plate under the gunnel to strengthen the rod holder. Just wondering if anyone else uses this type of set up. Really don't want to drill fixed mounts on but at the same time I don't want to beat up my rod holder and gunnel. Thanks for any input!

I used a Cisco 4 rod gimbal mount rod holder on my 2320 worked fine. I have the gimbal mounts for sale, look on Cisco's site to view. I would use it on the back rod holder don't see why it wont work.

i did not want a permanent base on my gunnels either as its only the rare occasion i use a down rigger. i opted for a gimbal set up too. probably used 20 times the last 10 years - zero issues (with the mount at least :D ).

i have some reinforced swivel base rod holders for tuna fishing that it fits into - similar concept to your reinforcing of the gunnel - maybe an out of the box reinforced rod holder kit like that is a viable option for you too (?).

Wajski- thanks I will look into that!

Nicknotsebastian- glad to hear that they worked out for you that definitley makes me more confident!

Back