Drain Plug Location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't the first time this has been asked on this board.

Apparently Parker makes it difficult to find the drain plugs on their boats. :oops:

I wonder if the OP had a smaller boat previously with an expandable drain plug located in the bilge? Maybe having a garboard plug is a new concept......... :D

You think that's scary go to your local boat ramp on a holiday weekend.Bring a lawn chair sit back and just enjoy the show.

hammered":3i20g8zc said:
You think that's scary go to your local boat ramp on a holiday weekend

The OP is new to boating and had a question, All questions are good questions.

"Scary" is when I saw a guy in the middle of winter pull in to the gas station to fill up his car and his gas cap key/lock was frozen (probably because the door was broken off). He took out his lighter and was going to "defrost it" :shock: . We stopped him, just couldn't believe he was actually sober. True story and happened years ago.

Once you do find the plug. It may be a small brass square looking bolt head thingy, as mentioned, in the lowest part of the boat on the outside of the hull, on the stern.
When the boat is on dry land, do unscrew this plug, coat the plug threads and plug hole threads with grease (not WD-40). Then re-tighten. You do not have to kill the thing when re- tightening it. Nice and snug with about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn of firm tightening.
The grease will help with its removal, when the boat is out of the water at the end of the season.

:arrow: Never remove this plug when the boat is in the water, unless conducting a Coast Guard approved sinking drill or extreme bilge pump function test.

Being new hopefully everyone got a good laugh out of this. I have only been into boating for 2 years now and my first boat was a 17' Whaler outrage and it had four plugs in it and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any in my new boat which feels like a tank to my old one.

wildsteelheader":8ttsjqip said:
Being new hopefully everyone got a good laugh out of this. I have only been into boating for 2 years now and my first boat was a 17' Whaler outrage and it had four plugs in it and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any in my new boat which feels like a tank to my old one.

You have certainly upgraded! Congratulations. I'm sure you will love your 2120. Continue with the questions. This is a great forum even if you did get a bit of gentle ribbing.

:D

Steve

Excactly, it's not as silly a question as it would seem. A buddy of mine sank a brand new Bayliner (I know, not a bad outcome...) by launching with only one of the two drain screws installed.

Back