Draining gas from Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
Hello All

I have an 18 foot Parker that I have not been able to use for about 18 months. There is about 30 gallons of gas in the tank that I prefer not to run through my new motor. My question is do any of you have a safe way to do so. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks Al

Cheap automotive (after market type) electric fuel pump like from Benny's.
Run it through your filter and into your car / truck.
Going to take awhile, but usable.
I'd mix it with 1/2 tank new, with 1/2 boat's (in truck).
Boat's water seperator should be replaced anyways, why not after the transfer. Most can come right off the fuel line to the engine. (squeeze-bulb to prime pump)
Then stick the pickup into a low corner and discard the crud on the bottom.

I just invested in one of these on eBay:

fuel-itLARGE.jpg

I bought it after draining about 35 gallons of fuel from my 21' Parker this fall and getting really sick of the whole drain/siphon thing. I was looking for pieces to put together a home-made version with an auto fuel pump, primer bulb, etc.. and stumbled across this product which just came out in October.

I've only used it once just to try it out, but so far so good. It can run off a rechargable battery pack, battery clips or plug into a cigarette lighter. Its self priming and can supposedly pull fuel up 15'.. if it does a third of that I'll be happy.

It was around $100, but I've already spent close to half of that on 2 different low-cost manual pump/siphoning systems that didn't last for more than one use.

Its a bit pricey, but a much cleaner solution than I would have cobbled together and if it does what its supposed to and lasts a few years I'll be happy.

-- Tom

Nice find Tom. 8)

You could probably get the flow going with that, and then just let it siphon into your catch-tank sitting on the ground.

Siphon, schmiphon.. thats part of the problem, it takes forever just to fill up a single 6-7 gallon tank. The whole process will take hours, during which time your mind can wander as you work on odd projects here and there, and forget to check the tank to find it spilling over into your driveway. Theoretically speaking, of course :)

This thing will pump 1 gallon a minute and should make things much easier :)

-- Tom

Tom

That pump kit looks like the ticket, as far as allowing the gas to overflow after you get involved in some other project, I did that, plus years ago I tried to get the flow going by sucking on one end of the hose,and wound up in the emergency room, that was the last time I did that. Again thank you. Al

Reviving this thread, anyone know where I can find one of these? Link dosent work, searched amazon, internet and ebay.
thanks

Back