Drawers for a 2520XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't give up, once they are in, you'll love them. I glued, predrilled and screwed mine in. it's very secure. I think my wood strips were 1X1.5. but on some of the sides, I had to glue them in on the thin side. all you need is for the glue to hold the wood in place. predrill and it will work. I had about a dozen clamps going at a time. very tedious. I agree that parker is missing the boat when it doesn't use those seat bases for more storage. it's a huge space that, even with drawers installed, is not used to full advantage.

Thanks for the encouragement. The way you glued the end pieces of wood on the thin edge touching the seat base on either side is exactly my experience if using screws. I just came in from the garage. Appears that I can drill a 1.25" hole through the drawer cabinet adjacent to each mounting hole, reach in with a finger and use #10 SS bolts and nyclad nuts and large fender washers as well. As well made as the cabinets are I don't believe the holes will compromise the cabinet's integrity at all. As nice as these are made it's a pitty that a mounting solution wasn't provided. More to come. thanks

Feeling better. :wink:

Yesterday I installed 1x2 oak strips stood on end inside the upper opening. I used Gorilla glue HD construction adhesive (looks like 5200) and 10 clamps. Went back tonight, pre-drilled the holes with a 9/64" bit, and installed the upper cabinet with 10x1.5" ss screws. The cabinet is not going anywhere. Then I glued up and clamped the same reinforcements in the lower opening. I'll go back tomorrow and install the lower cabinet. It's really nice to have useable storage and after all the drama I'm pleased with the results.

I know this is an old post, but I just installed a modified version so I thought I would share. I also used #10 1-1/2" stainless screws and backed it up with 1"x2" oak strips, but instead of gluing the strips I used small stainless screws counter sunk.

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 908ED888-C1A3-4EC0-B44B-CDF5F8FF7AA5.JPG
    908ED888-C1A3-4EC0-B44B-CDF5F8FF7AA5.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 891
congrats! He builds perfect replacement drawers for our boats and is/was an OEM suppler to Parker. I just installed them on my new 2820 after installing them on my 2016 2520 last year,, will also post pics soon.

I've had my drawers from finaddict for a year. they are great. the tackle storage is great too. you will really enjoy them

I know this an old post- For my winter project I'd like to install drawers on one side and maybe a plano locker in the opposite jump seat. Renaveg, your drawers came out really nice, what did you install on the other side?

On my 2820 I went with the double upper drawers on the port side with no drawers at the bottom due to the water tank. On the starboard side I went with a double-tall single upper drawer and a drawer at the bottom. Works perfectly and glad I chose them. BTW, the smaller Plano containers will fit vertically in the double drawers. I think I have ~6 in one drawer. Good luck

Sorry for the late reply. On the other side I have the Plano boxes which get a lot of use.

Here you go
80b82f9915c6b51aaa763fabd4d209f8.jpg
08ba5cf7c6c1fa305c767baa1163f238.jpg
4e09552dbfa1070c98b56229fba51bfe.jpg
07c88c45facc937b7b00066504542369.jpg
3a2c1a3bb8f0303277a3a3cce98bfd4f.jpg
dcea178a6d3003a5b74b3c721389ed0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back