Dumb Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulate It

Reaction score
O. - on my 2001 150 HPDI there is a thin wire that comes up from just above the lower unit (I think its some type of ground wire) mostly covered by a plastic clam shell peice of trim and it attaches about 8 inches up on the back of the motor just above the lower unit. What is it?

Mine detached. Can I reattach with a stainless screw? Or does it need a ground screw? And its super short the screw I had on hand will not go in more than 1/4"

Thanks, Jason

The wire is a bonding wire used for grounding and galvanic corrosion protection. You should reattach it with whatever stainless screw you can get that'll fit. There's a chance that the old one broke off in the threads, thus the problem you are having with the remaining threads. If that's the case, it'd be good if you could get the old one out, but you should lock-tite the new one to prevent it from falling out.

Maybe even use a SS internal-toothed lock-washer under the head ... After connected, spray that area with Boeshield T9 or coat with marine grease.

Back