Electric Winch

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock On!

Reaction score
I just bough a new 25 foot boat and it sits on a double axle bunk trailer. My question is I want to replace the manual winch because the boat cannot hardly be winched up and has to be driven on and manually hooked to the winch while the motors are holding it in place. Problem is where we trailer sometimes the wind is blowing you side to side and I just need to hook the boat to the winch and hand crank it on. Because I cannot manually winch this boat up I want to replace the winch with an electric one. My question is how much pulling weight capacity winch will I need to pull the trailer up to the stopper and safety hook it, Thanks for the input in advance!

I use a strong arm 12000lb winch with a single cable pull.Most bunk trailers are made to be driven on though.Hope this helps, good luck

He's right, bunk trailers are made to float your boat on and off. I would not want to force the boat on with a high powered winch. You may need a roller trailer

Back