Electronics Box Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildCard

Reaction score
I recently mounted an electronics box on my t-top. The box is a factory box from Parker. The interior of the box seems like raw fiberglass with no gel coat. What, if anything, have you guys lined the interior of your boxes with to prevent things (shirts, towels, etc) from sticking to the box? Should I paint it? Have it gel coated?

Thanks for any help y'all might be able to give me.

Having never seen one from Parker....... Does it have a mounting board installed? IE: 3/4in plywood core in the bottom.

After that.....I'd just gellcoat it with gellcoat that has wax in it or refereed to as finishing gellcoat.

The bottom is pretty thick. It is a solid box. I'm just not sure why it isn't finished on the inside. I tried putting a shelf liner in it which helps on the bottom but towels and clothes stick to the sides and top.

It's sticky because it was laid up with "laminating" resign. It needs to be covered with finishing gellcoat. It has wax in it and that will cut off air to the part. This will take away the stickyness.

Back