Electronics help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMD

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 2530 which I want to upgrade the electronics on. Im looking for some input. I am interested in doing more wreck fishing and want to upgrade because im moving the current electronics to a smaller project boat I recently bought. I was thinking of the 12"mfd Furuno navnet 3d for the gps with the ability to add to it later and a furuno fcv 295 10.4" fishfinder. I want two seperate dedicated units. Also looking for inputs on the right transducer. Thanks, Don

If I has the opportunity to redo my electronics (currently with Raymarine C120 system) I would go with the new Lowrance HDS Generation 2. Watch a few videos on Youtube and how it overlays structure on your GPS Map.

Especially if you wreck fish, this system seems perfect for that.

I have garmin but would either go Lowrance or, if I had furuno money, would go Simrad. Simrad is Lowrance on steriods.

Call www.boemarine.com and talk to Jim about what you want.

go with the HDS here are a couple shots of a wreck

Attachments

• IMAG0525.jpg
    IMAG0525.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 139
I installed a lowrance HDS system last year. It does everything I need . The broad band radar is outstanding. If you are a wreck fisherman the side scan is a must. I compared the Furuno navnet also awesome. The price difference is huge. I believe lowrance still has rebate offers. My whole system from BOE marine cost about the same as the 10 inch navnet base unit after the rebates.

Back