electronics

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John b

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a 2008 2120 with 200 yami , 2nd helm . It has furano gp 1650 wf electronics. The start up says internal battery dead. I would rather buy new electronics rather than throw money on a old unit. Looks like radar is out of my price range. Any suggestions? Also want to add a 6 pole rocket launcher. Any suggestions appreciated.

I terms of electronics, the technology they were selling in 2008 might as well be 1988. They have come a long way.

What do you want to be able to do with your unit? Do you want to keep it to a single screen? Do you want the top of the line or to keep the price low?

I think the Garmin EchoMap line is one of the best low cost options for a combo unit. You can do just about everything that the big units can except network multiple screens.

I agree. Where do you boat and fish? What is your budget?

I use Garmin but have not looked at new models from them or other vendors but new models are out or forthcoming to be ready for Miami boat show.

I have a Echomap Plus with WiFi 94sv bought last year with G2 map. You can update it using WiFi or memory card. I use an iPad and Active Captain and easy to update but very slow

Maps are important . The latest are G3 Vision series and can get pricy fast .

I have Navioinics and Aqua Map apps on phone and tablet so wasn’t interested in the latest maps.

I updated an older Garmin unit and went to their site and looked at all models and looked at videos.

The Echomap was on sale and I was ordering Blue Seas breakers and switches from West Marine last year when we were updating all electrical and other items. At the time, I was focused on removing all previous owners tinkerings and wire it better and having everything checked, updated and working . I added battery chargers , new anchor rigging plus, steering ram and hoses , throttle cables , other items and I thought the Garmin was a bargain since I buying much in 3 months.

Do a Search using Garmin, 1042 or search terms. Warthog installs a lot of electronics and knows this stuff very well.

I shop by doing my homework and find item(s) then go online shopping.

You can check Panbo,, Hull Truth, Bloody Decks and other web sites . I like West Marine, GotoMarine, Defender , BOE, GPS Store , .....

West Marine will price match but sometimes need to jump some hops. It is best to call WM and check online for current policies.

They have a new CEO and that comes with changes.

Garmin and other sites sell refurbished units, too

There are many financing options, too to get a full system.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back