End of season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
With the nice weather today, we decided to take a "Last Waltz" on the Bay with a little fishing and a little cruising.

Weather was about 59 when we started out, but it clouded up and got cooler.
Didn't matter.
The Bay was almost dead flat, and we could run at WOT if we wanted to, tho we generally cruised at 4400rpm @ 22kts most of the time.
Definitely not not a normal day for us on the Chesapeake! :D

Caught fish, took some photos, and said goodby. :(
The Megabyte gets pulled for the season on the 15th and rain and snow is forecast for Thursday and Sunday.
Today was a good call.

Attachments

• 01 going out.jpg
    01 going out.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 566
  • 02 cold sunshine.jpg
    02 cold sunshine.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 566
  • 03 cruise wake.jpg
    03 cruise wake.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 566
  • 04 WOT blast.jpg
    04 WOT blast.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 566
  • 05 sundown in the slip.jpg
    05 sundown in the slip.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 566
Ain't NEVER seen the Bay FAC like that! Nice photos sir :D

Thanks! :)

Mid-week, late fall, is about the only time you will ever see the Bay this flat.
We had a choice today... boat ride or a bike ride. We're both glad that we picked the boat ride.
5200 rpm is a little short of her 5500 rpm redline, but on an end-of-season bottom... I'll take it! :)

Yup Fall is really a nice time of the year to be on the water. Boat traffics down, most are put away for the winter except for the die hard fisherman. and when the weather co-operates you will find some of the most beautiful days of the year out there. But I'm not digging this weekends forecast either Kevin

End of Season???... The big bass are just returning home :D

Well if you get the bug to fish the cold weather, let me know and I will get you out!

Pulling her a couple of weeks earlier than normal to get a jump on some maintenance items before spring.
I was hoping to install the windlass, but that might have to wait until spring.

Gotta plan our 'southern tour' looking for a retirement place where I can take the boat.
That's the plan anyway. :)

The bass have just showed up here but I have decided to hand the boat over end of next week. It is a sad day,but then you don't have to worry about things till spring :( I just have to buy a bunch of electronics lol

Lucky John... Check with Jim Maier at BOE Marine.
I think he extended his boat show pricing recently.

Nice pics Kevin! The last run of the season is always noteworthy for most of us. I'm still hoping for a couple more trips out before calling it. Usually by the end I'd December. If your southern tour brings you by the Beaufort/Morehead area and the weather is going to be good, let me know and I'll give you the water tour. Even though I don't run between Jan and mid March, the only winterizing that I do is heavy fuel treatment so other than that I can still drop mine in if I want to.

Thanks for the offer!

The Beaufort, Morehead, Wilmington, Wrightsville Bch. areas will be our first stops when we go on tour.
Probably not until after the first of the year tho. 8)

Megabyte":2l92e46f said:
Lucky John... Check with Jim Maier at BOE Marine.
I think he extended his boat show pricing recently.
I have already been in contact with Jim. Going to wait till AC Boat show. See the 7612 vsx come out and probably a price reduction in the 1040 units. By Feb, should have a better idea what to get installed in March.

Did the same thing Monday based on our weather report. Happened to have received a new zoom from Woot over the weekend so had it on hand for some shots.
Here is the winter crew settled in for the season

Some last bits of color hanging on (the leaves don't seem to want to come down this year)

"Home" lighthouse for us

Quahogger at work and a shipment of VWs in the background

These guys have to resort to fishing this time of year

Boat is hauled/winterized and stored as of Tuesday so only 5 months to go!

So I pulled mine Oct 23 I boat Lake Erie went on OHIOGAMEFISHING that is our local web. I saw a post of nite walleye bite Snow,Wind,Cold but they caught fish. I wanted to comment on megabyte pictures beautiful, the wife and I spent a few days in Stevensville Md. on Oct31 ate lunch at Kentmoor great crab cakes. I always enjoy time spent at Ches Bay area. ps we don't have snow Medina but 30mi N Cleveland 8"-12" and still snowing

WAJSKI... Stevensville is directly across the Bay from where I am berthed in Whitehall Creek.
We will typically boat over to Kentmoor a half dozen times a year for bites and beverages.

The area directly in front of Kentmoor is called BrickHouse Bar which is a favorite trolling spot for me.
Water goes from about 40' then rapidly drops to just over 100 so the edge of that channel is good for fishing.
If you are ever in the area again, let me know. If I'm in town, I'll take you out for a tour of the area.

Here is a shot from late summer when we were trolling that area with friends up from Florida.
Double hookup on some feisty bluefish directly in front of Kentmoor. :)

Attachments

• fish-on.JPG
    fish-on.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 373
Well I visited the boat today and just happened to stop into the office to chat and to try and get a good spot in the yard (with power and water) for my spring commissioning.
42 degrees and the wind was blowing probably 18 knots and it was blowing all the water out of the creek.

Me: I'm scheduled to come out tomorrow so I thought I'd stop in to see if you were on schedule.
Them: What is your draft?
Me: Maybe 30 inches.
Them: Wanna come out today... as in now?
Me: Sure. Want me to drive her around to the hoistway?
Them: Please. The wind has blown so much water out of the creek that we can't get any of these sailboats pulled.
Me: Sux to be them. :D

So here we go!

I'll go back tomorrow to get some shots after she is blocked.

Attachments

• 01 haul.jpg
    01 haul.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 357
  • 02 haul.jpg
    02 haul.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 357
  • 03 haul.jpg
    03 haul.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 357
  • 04 haul.jpg
    04 haul.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 357
Went down to the yard to see where they put me and was pleasantly surprised.
I have been in this area before and it makes it much easier to do what I need to in the spring to clean and commission her.
They even listened to my request and I'm probably only 40' away from water and electric. Yay!

Next up... shrink wrap.

Attachments

• 01 on land.jpg
    01 on land.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 325
  • 02 on land.jpg
    02 on land.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 325
  • 03 power and water.jpg
    03 power and water.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 325
  • 04 on land.jpg
    04 on land.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 325
Nice pics and beautiful boat Kevin. Thanks for sharing! I remember those beautiful crisp and cold days on the Bay, even in the winter time though it was hard to keep warm. I'm heading up that way for Thanksgiving with the family. I saw a 2520 for sale on BoatTrader that is located on Kent Island. I was thinking about going to look at it but took another look just now and it's no longer listed. :( Is anyone familiar with that one or know what happened to it? I see there are a couple for sale in Deale, so I may cruise through there on my way down to SoMD.

Back