End of season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Badfish!

We had a member (or two) here on CP from the KI area, and I remember at least one of them had their 2520 up for sale at one point.
Might want to check our "For Sale" area as we have had a number of boats from this area listed at one time or another.
Might also want to check TidalFish as well.

I swear, as I get older, I tolerate the cold less and less.
There was a time when I wouldn't think twice of spending a few days on the water at the CBBT in late December.
These days, I'm looking to move me and my boat south. :wink:

Good to hear from you.

I miss the Bay, but the weather is nicer and the fishing is a little better down here. We never have to winterize but it still gets a bit chilly here in the winter -- that's why I'm shopping for a sport cabin. Like you, I hate being cold. If you're coming to the Panama City, FL area during your southern travels, let me know and I'll give you a water tour too (though it will probably be in my Carolina Skiff).

- Jim

Nice to see someone take good care of a boat like that. You'll appreciate the electric and water in the spring. Last year I put my boat in the driveway and was able to give it some added TLC. Rumor has it they are going to start on the boat this week. End of this coming week I am hauling.

Kevin, for the end of the season your boat looks like it's still maintaining a good shine from all your spring work this year. You should be in good shape this coming spring.

Thanks shawnee. I think my spring work is finally showing benefits.
The hull sides are still slick. The top sides not as much, but that is to be expected. :)

My neighbor's company wrapped her up the day before our first snow on Thanksgiving eve, and I went down today to open her up inside.
I opened every single hatch, deck plate, and enclosed area. Raised the drop curtains and opened all of the windows.
I had asked my neighbor to give me an access door and extra vents, and he did just as I asked. The shrink is tight as a drum.
I do like the fact that they run the shrink right down to the bottom paint to protect the hull.

Don't have a photo of is, but they left the area under the outboard powerhead open to give her a little more ventilation, while still keeping weather out.
Did not put my deck fans back in because I want to see if everything breathes well enough just being open.

Attachments

• 01 shrink.jpg
    01 shrink.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 204
  • 02 shrink.jpg
    02 shrink.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 204
Didn't take any inside pictures yet, but they build 'risers' with 2x4's and plywood (and carpet so the deck is not marred).
Then they use a nylon 'tape' to support everything inside, then the shrink is run down to the bottom paint.
It is as tight as a drum. Should keep everything dry no matter what the weather, and today it's 34 and raining. :(

They do good work.
Williams Yacht Management for anyone local who might need their services.
http://www.wymltd.com/home.html

Back