Exactly how do I move 23SE batts to center console?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Both batts look down on charge so i'm going to replace (been about 5 years or so). It occurs to me that i'd love to use those jump boxes for tackle storage and have batts in the console along with the battery switch.

Boat is an '03. If anyone has done this can you tell me exactly what you did? i have no idea what's lurking under the deck and the wiring is about as confusing as it could possibly be.

Thanks,

Tell you Exactly? LOL :)

You start with positioning the batteries in their new home.

Then you install a BEP Cluster switch and add a surface mount Circuit Breaker that will feed all your House components.

Then run #2 ga cable to the back. Install a "Power Post" for the Pos & Neg. Then shorten your factory cables to attach to the Power Post.

That's Exactly How you do it and get the BEP Cluster upgrade at the same time.

:)

Awesome, thanks!

So, the power post would go in the rear jump seat box where one of the batts currently resides and it's purpose is to link the heavy cable that I would run to the console?

Said cable would run into a BEP cluster switch which would then run new cable to each battery?

What would the surface mount breaker do now?

thanks for the patience!

Also, i'm assuming the cables in the port box just run back to the factory '1, 2, both, off' and would be removed entirely?

I like the idea of moving some weight forward and getting the jump seat boxes as more tackle storage. so much of the space in the console is really just wasted since it's tough to get to.

jacksdad":2avj5w8i said:
Awesome, thanks!

So, the power post would go in the rear jump seat box where one of the batts currently resides and it's purpose is to link the heavy cable that I would run to the console?

Yes

Said cable would run into a BEP cluster switch which would then run new cable to each battery?

Yes

What would the surface mount breaker do now?

Surface mount Breaker about 50amp, mounts within 1 ft of the BEP cluster. The cable feeding out of the House switch [usually a 8ga or 6ga cable, then goes on to feed your fuse panel and switch panel.

thanks for the patience!

Also, i'm assuming the cables in the port box just run back to the factory '1, 2, both, off' and would be removed entirely?

The 1,2,Both,OFF switch is thrown away. The BEP is the replacement and is heads above that old engineering.

I like the idea of moving some weight forward and getting the jump seat boxes as more tackle storage. so much of the space in the console is really just wasted since it's tough to get to.

Yes

Here is a example of a install I did in a 19 cape horn in the console. The small inline mounted fuse holder is to feed live power to the float switch when the main switches are OFF.

100_5969_zpsac149643.jpg

See the RED wire at the bottom of the fuse panel?.......That is coming from the surface mount Breaker.

100_5972_zps951acab5.jpg

Back