EZ anchor Puller

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratsnest

Reaction score
Hi everyone, id like to know if anyone has had a problem with their EZ anchor puller. Mine has started to overheat after pulling 30 ft of rope then cools down. where should I start. HELP thanks Jim

My first guess would be excess resistance in the wiring, either the supply circuit or internally within the motor.
Have you looked at any of the wire connections, and checked for corrosion?
What gage supply wire is powering your winch?
Are you using a relay?
Have you had the winch motor apart for a visual inspection yet?

Excess heat generally means a mechanical (corrosion) issue in the winch itself, or a corrosion issue in the wiring.
Those two areas are where I would look first.

thanks for the reply. the motor is a sealed unit, according to the ez anchor website, I can get one from a auto parts store but it did not tell me make or part number . I sent email to the but they have not replied. it appears to be same size wires as my batteries anchor puller was put in by dealer where boat was purchased. im going to look at wires for corrosion next time I run down to fla. was hoping to figure out parts before I go. thanks for help. Jimmy

FWIW... I believe that the EZ Anchor Puller's 'guts' are based on Warn Winch parts.

Back