F225 Cleaning fuel injectors

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duct Man

Reaction score
My problem with my F225 not reving above 5000k is starting to sound like possible fuel injectors clogged or dirty? My question is I can get my hands on heavy duty fuel injector cleaner from a local garage could I mix in a small can and run thru the engine? My original plan for someone to look at it fell thru and I am just trying to think of something before I lose half the summer with the boat in the shop.

If you are looking for something in a can, very easy to do and runs about $10/can at Pep Boys or Napa, plus 3/4 gallon of gas, I'd try the Dunk de-carb method. (SeaFoam). I know Dunk recommends 2strokes be done every 50-60 hours, and I think he recommends 4strokes at 100+- hours.
It's cheap, easy and effective. That may not be your problem though, but certainly wouldn't hurt.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... light=dunk

salbrent":1wfjif8t said:
Another idea is taking a 6 gallon portable marine gas tank and adding your favorite cleaner, solvent, problem solver elixir in a higher amount along with fresh gas ...
Dunk recommends that, one 16-ounce can of Seafoam with enough fuel to make a 1-gallon mix. Remember these solvents do their work when the motor is OFF, so run around for 1/5th of 1/4qtr of the mix is used ... anchor & shut down and wait ... and repeat.

I also DO NOT recommend that this ever be done on 'muffs' while out of the water, as you can't generate enough RPMs and the lack of back-pressure to the exhaust doesn't help proper combustion/operation either.

Back