Fall rockfish

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rewdawg12

Reaction score
First year fall fishing, can anyone tell me when the big boys will be back? fishing around solomons and point look out. Thanks

I think the major determining factor is water temperature. I thought I had read somewhere (www.tidalfish.com) that the high 50's was the "magic mark".

The bottom line is that it is different each year and you'll need to spend some time on the water and energize your "network" of friends to find the right time/location.

Good luck!

Steve

Thanks, that makes sense, With the mild winter we had heard the big boys had come and gone before the season even opened. Consider youself added to my network lol. :)

rewdawg12":imq5aerw said:
Thanks, that makes sense, With the mild winter we had heard the big boys had come and gone before the season even opened. Consider youself added to my network lol. :)

I will be happy to be part of your network. Unfortunately the fall is also hunting season and I tend to spend a lot more time hunting than I do fishing. If you have joined www.tidalfish.com you might want to do that. They may not share too much information on exact spots but you can see when people are starting to catch the bigger fish.

I also fish out of Solomons and would be happy to help you with some info when I get it. It might also pay to take a charter or two to learn some of the details. That is the way that I learned how to troll with planer boards.

Steve

Back